It’s a incontrovertible fact that sprouts are a vital supply of proteins for vegetarians and vegans. However many individuals become bored with it simply as all they’ll consider is a salad with sprouts. Fear not. I’m sharing a brilliant simple, easy, tasty, wholesome, and vegan-friendly recipe of Combined Sprouts Curry on this publish that can make you fall in love with sprouts once more!
Whether or not you make this Sprouts Curry with only one kind of sprouts or combined sprouts like I often do, it’s going to be that one dish which will certainly make you embody these protein wealthy plant-based components extra typically in your food regimen. As a result of you aren’t simply including a dose of wholesomeness in your on a regular basis meal but in addition utilizing sprouts to make one thing greater than only a salad.
The recipe is a no frills homely recipe. It’s also possible to make this curry with solely mung bean sprouts or moth bean sprouts (matki). The curry has a skinny gravy or ‘tari’ as we name in Hindi. It’s also possible to make the sabzi dry when you choose.
This sprouts curry has North Indian flavors. All it’s a must to do is to only strain prepare dinner the combined sprouts after which prepare dinner in right into a gravy along with your fundamental spices and spice powders, onion, ginger-garlic, inexperienced chilies and seasoning.
Personally, I like to eat this curry with chapatis or phulkas. Nonetheless it additionally tastes very nice as a facet dish with dal-rice or simply with steamed rice by itself.
Right here I used sprouted moong beans, moth beans and black chickpeas. You might use a mixture of any legumes.
½ cup of combined beans will yield about 2 cups of combined sprouted beans. If utilizing 4 or 5 various kinds of beans, then take equal portions of all beans.
Serve this straightforward nutritious combined sprouts curry with chapatis, phulkas and rice bhakri. Additionally goes properly with bajra roti or jowar roti. The curry additionally goes properly with entire wheat bread.
How you can make Sprouts Curry
1. Rinse 2 cups combined sprouts in water for a few instances.
2. In a stovetop strain cooker take the sprouts. Add 2.5 cups water. Stir and strain prepare dinner the combined sprouts for five to six whistles on a medium to excessive warmth.
3. When the strain settles down by itself, then solely open the lid and examine the sprouts. If the chana (chickpea) sprouts seem barely raw, then add extra water and strain prepare dinner for some extra whistles.
Making sprouts curry
4. Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and crackle ½ teaspoon cumin seeds. Additionally add a pinch of asafoetida and stir. Skip asafoetida to make a gluten free recipe.
5. Then add ⅓ cup chopped onions.
6. Stir and saute stirring typically until the onions flip translucent or a light-weight brown.
7. Add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste. Stir and saute for just a few seconds or until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
8. Add ⅓ cup diced tomatoes and 1 or 2 chopped inexperienced chilies.
9. Saute until the tomatoes soften.
10. Then add the next floor spices:
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
11. Stir and blend very properly.
12. Now add the combined sprouts together with the inventory. Additionally season with salt in line with style.
13. Stir and blend properly. The inventory ought to cowl the sprouts. If the inventory seems to be much less, then add some water.
14. Cowl and simmer sprouts gravy for 10 to 12 minutes. Do examine at intervals and if the sprouts gravy seems to be dry, then add some water.
15. Right here’s the sprouts curry prepared earlier than we add one final contact.
16. Add 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves.
17. Stir very properly. The sprouts curry may have a little bit of skinny watery consistency. If you’d like a dry sabzi, then add a small quantity of inventory at step 12 and simmer the sprouts.
18. Serve the combined sprouts curry sizzling or heat with rotis or chapatis or steamed basmati rice.
Few extra tasty recipes for you!
Please make sure to charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Combined sprouts curry recipe – easy curry made with combined sprouts. Nutritious facet dish with chapatis.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 20 minutes
Whole Time 35 minutes
different components for sprouts curry
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse 2 cups combined sprouts in water for a few instances.
In a strain cooker take the sprouts. Add 2.5 cups water. Stir and strain prepare dinner the combined sprouts for five to six whistles on a medium to excessive flame.
When the strain settles down by itself, open the lid and examine the sprouts. If the chana (chickpea) sprouts seem barely raw, then add extra water and strain prepare dinner for some extra whistles.
making sprouts curry
Warmth 2 tbsp oil in a pan and crackle 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
Then add 1/3 cup chopped onions.
Stir and saute until the onions flip translucent or a light-weight brown.
Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste. Stir and saute until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
Add 1/3 cup diced tomatoes and 1 or 2 chopped inexperienced chilies. Saute until the tomatoes soften.
Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. Stir very properly.
Now add the combined sprouts together with the inventory. Additionally season with salt.
Stir and blend properly. The inventory ought to cowl the sprouts. If the inventory seems to be much less, then add some water.
Cowl and simmer sprouts curry for 10 to 12 minutes.
Add 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
Stir very properly. The sprouts curry may have a little bit of skinny watery consistency. If you’d like a dry sabzi, then add a small quantity of inventory at step 12 and simmer the sprouts.
Serve the sprouts curry with rotis or chapatis.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 124 Energy from Fats 90
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Vitamin A 254IU5%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
Vitamin E 4mg27%
Vitamin Okay 19µg18%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 25µg6%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Sprouts Curry publish from the archives first revealed on June 2015 has been republished and up to date in January 2023.