Suji Kheer or Rava Kheer is a brilliant fast, straightforward and attractive pudding made with semolina, milk, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder. The Sooji Kheer will get finished in about 20 minutes and is so easy that even a beginner could make it simply. I normally make this Kheer like the way in which I make Seviyan Kheer. This dessert matches in nicely as festive meals too. So, make it throughout Diwali, Holi, and so forth. and revel in it along with your households. Listed below are some extra Diwali Sweets recipes which are completely attempt worthy.
I preserve the consistency of the kheer a bit skinny and never thick like a porridge. However if you happen to like a barely thick porridge consistency, then do simmer for extra time. On this case add much less sugar than what’s talked about within the recipe.
Whereas making kheer, at instances, I add some additional ghee (clarified butter). Nevertheless, you’ll be able to cut back the quantity of ghee. The addition of ghee makes the dish extra wealthy and flavorful.
On this recipe, I’ve added cashews, raisins and chironji. In order for you, then you too can add chopped almonds and sliced pistachios. The variety of dry fruits can differ as per your style and desire. So be at liberty to incorporate the dry fruits of your selection or what is accessible in your pantry.
This Rava Kheer works extraordinarily nicely as an after-dinner dessert. You’ll be able to serve it sizzling, heat or chilled. It additionally tastes supreme when served with pooris. General, a hassle-free dessert that doesn’t take a lot time to organize and but tastes good. This Sooji Kheer is a particular hit throughout all of your festive celebrations too.
The best way to make Suji Kheer
1. Warmth 1 tablespoon of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or sauce pan.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of cashews and fry them within the ghee for about 1 minute on a low warmth. If you wish to add almonds and pistachios to the dish, then add the chopped almonds and sliced pistachios at this step.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of sooji (rava or semolina).
4. Saute and stir repeatedly.
5. The sooji would begin to launch its aroma. Additionally, you will see ghee separating from the sooji. Takes about 3 to 4 minutes on low warmth. Stir repeatedly in order that the sooji will get fried evenly. The cashews would additionally turn into golden by then.
6. Add 3 cups of milk (750 ml) to the pan and stir.
7. Then add 4 to 4.5 tablespoons of sugar and stir once more. If utilizing edible camphor, add now. I usually add edible camphor, when I’m providing the candy as bhog or naivedyam to our beloved deities.
8. Stir and produce the kheer to a delicate simmer.
9. Lastly add ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (4 cardamoms crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle ), 1 tablespoon of raisins/kishmish and 1 tablespoons of chironji/charoli (optionally available).
10. Stir the kheer and swap off the warmth.
11. Serve suji kheer sizzling or heat or refrigerate & then serve chilled. You may also have it with pooris or as an after-dinner dessert.
In case you are on the lookout for extra Kheer recipes then do test:
Please remember to fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath in case you have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Suji Kheer | Rava Kheer
Sooji Kheer is a fast, tasty and straightforward to organize pudding made with semolina, milk, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 18 minutes
Complete Time 20 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Warmth ghee in a pan. Then add cashewnuts and sauté for a couple of minute on low warmth.
Add sooji and fry until the sooji turns into aromatic.
Stir repeatedly in order that the sooji will get fried evenly. This takes about 3 to 4 minutes on a low warmth. The cashewnuts would additionally turn into golden by then.
Add milk and stir.
Add sugar. If utilizing edible camphor, add now.
Stir and produce the kheer to a delicate simmer. You’ll be able to thicken the kheer extra if you happen to favor.
Lastly add cardamom powder, raisins and chironji.
Stir the kheer and swap off the warmth.
Serve Sooji Kheer sizzling, heat or chilled. You may also have it with pooris.
- You’ll be able to add dry fruits of your selection.
- If you wish to add almonds and pistachios to the kheer, then add the chopped almonds and sliced pistachios while you add cashewnuts to the pan.
Suji Kheer | Rava Kheer
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 282 Energy from Fats 117
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 5g31%
Ldl cholesterol 27mg9%
Vitamin A 405IU8%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
This Suji Kheer put up from the weblog archives first printed in October 2014 has been up to date and republished on December 2022.