This assortment of 13 Indian beetroot recipes contains facet dishes, sabzis and sweets. Beetroots are wealthy in iron, calcium and minerals and there are numerous methods you’ll be able to embrace them in your meals.
Carrots and beetroots typically make an look in our menu. Aside from making ready the recipes listed beneath, I additionally add beetroots to Pulaos or combine veg dishes.
With beetroots the colour of the dish that you simply put together modifications to a pleasant pink to crimson purple tone, relying on the substances used within the recipe. So the meals appears to be like very colourful and interesting to the eyes.
As I add extra beetroot recipes, I may also replace this assortment. You can even test these common veggie recipes collections:
- Methi recipes (19 fenugreek leaves recipes)
- Palak recipes (29 spinach recipes)
- Matar recipes (24 inexperienced peas recipes)
- Cabbage recipes (14 patta gobhi recipes)
- Bhindi recipes (33 okra or girl finger recipes)
Assortment of 13 Beetroot Recipes
1. Beetroot halwa – a gradual cooked dessert recipe of halwa with grated beetroots, milk, sugar, ghee, cardamom and dry fruits. The halwa has a ravishing shade and tastes good too. It may be relished scorching, heat or chilled as properly.
2. Beetroot paratha – These are wholesome and engaging complete wheat parathas full of a spiced beetroot filling. These parathas have a faint candy style coming from the beetroot.
They make for a filling breakfast or brunch and could be simply made for a lunch field.
3. Beetroot poori – pretty crimson colored pooris made with beetroot. Not solely the colour is enticing however the style can also be good.
They are often made for breakfast or brunch or could be packed in lunch field with a facet veggie dish or curry.
4. Beetroot bhaji – easy, homely and wholesome beetroot bhaji recipe ready in South Indian fashion. This sabzi goes properly as a facet dish with Rasam-rice, dal-rice and even dishes like Khichdi. you can even serve it as a facet dish with chapatis.
5. Beetroot rice – this pulao is barely spicy with the sweetness of beetroot coming by way of within the spiced rice. Type of a fancy flavored dish. The recipe could be made shortly in a strain cooker.
6. Veg chops recipe – one of many common road meals in bengal. These are addictive and nobody can simply eat one. These fried crisp chops could be in comparison with croquettes or Cutlets and have a slight candy style because of the addition of beetroot, carrot and peanuts.
7. Beetroot chutney – tasty chutney made with beetroot for Idli and Dosa. the chutney tastes candy with some warmth coming from the inexperienced chilies. Although the candy style will not be like a sugary candy style, however a mellowed candy style.
8. Beetroot poriyal – poriyal is a preparation the place the greens are sauteed in spices and topped with grated coconut. Poriyals could be served as a facet vegetable dish with Sambar rice combo or Rasam rice combo and even could be had with chapatis.
9. Beetroot thoran – a dry and delectable mildly spiced dish made with beetroots having candy notes from the beetroot in addition to the coconut.
It goes very properly with roti, paratha, particularly the Kerala Paratha and even steamed rice. You can even have it as a facet dish.
10. Beetroot tikki recipe – the beetroot tikkis are simple to make. Boiled and mashed beetroot plus potatoes and spices – combine all of them and form them into tikkis and fry.
11. Beetroot Raita – This can be a colourful, vibrant raita or yogurt dip made with wholesome beets, crunchy onions, bell pepper, carrots, tangy curd (yogurt) and seasonings. The stunning darkish pink coloured raita has a mildly candy and tangy style pairing properly with most Indian meals.
12. Carrot kanji – a fermented North Indian probiotic drink created from carrots, beetroot and floor mustard and water. Being a probiotic drink this can be very good for the intestine and improves digestion.
Kanji is served as an appetizer drink. It has a bitter, spicy and pungent style. This style is an acquired one – both you’ll like or gained’t prefer it, identical to Kombucha.
13. Beetroot rasam – This can be a spicy, tangy and scrumptious Rasam selection. It has gentle candy tones of the beetroot mixing superbly with the bitter style of tamarind and the spiciness coming from the black peppers and dry purple chilies.
This Assortment of Beetroot Recipes put up from the weblog archives first printed in January 2017 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.