Chickpeas or kabuli chane is used extensively in Indian kitchen to organize a wide range of dishes from yummy curries, crunchy snacks, refreshing salads to chatapati chaats. The storehouse of protein and fibre, chickpea guarantees to maintain your blood sugar ranges in management, decrease ldl cholesterol, hold your coronary heart wholesome and ease digestion. In your weight loss journey, it is a perfect companion to maintain these starvation pangs away and enable you really feel full for lengthy. In addition to, they’re a superb approach so as to add iron, folate, zinc, nutritional vitamins, phosphorous to your weight-reduction plan. (Additionally learn: Work-from-home snacks: Popcorns to roasted chickpeas; 7 healthy recipes for mid-meal cravings)
Like different legumes, chickpeas must also be soaked earlier than consumption for higher nutrient absorption, and digestion. Boil it and use it as a snack between these mid-meal cravings – stuff it in your sandwich or make a wholesome tikki.
Listed below are two scrumptious chickpea recipes by Govt Chef Amit Kocharekar, The Resort Mumbai.
Wholesome Mediterranean chickpea salad
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly floor black pepper
1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
4 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
3 Persian cucumbers, sliced into skinny half moons
⅓ chop roasted bell pepper
Chevre Goat cheese
¼ cup recent mint
– In a big bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and several other grinds of pepper.
– In a small skillet over medium-low warmth, toast the cumin seeds till fragrant, about 30 seconds.
– Take away from the warmth and crush them a bit (a mortar & pestle is best for this). Add them to the bowl and stir.
– Add chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, purple pepper, and parsley to the bowl and toss.
– Switch to a serving platter and dollop with the goat cheese, sprinkle with mint, and high with the additional roasted chickpeas, if desired. Season to style and serve.
250 gm ghee
250 gm Kabuli chana-boiled
4 no. cardamom
5 no. cloves
1/3 tsp black cardamom, powdered
1/3 tsp clove, powdered
1/2 tsp turmeric
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp raisins
-Warmth the ghee in a pan.
-Add cardamoms, cloves, black cardamom, clove powder, turmeric, and cumin and Kabuli
-Channas and blend properly.
-Then add the salt, raisins and yogurt and prepare dinner on low flame for 20 minutes.
-Serve with roti or phulka