Paneer Fry is an easy one pan recipe made with candy onions, tangy tomatoes, flavorful herbs, aromatic spices and naturally Paneer. Making this easy-peasy recipe doesn’t want loads of prep and the dish comes collectively in 25 minutes. Your greatest wager while you need to make a healthful fast meal for weekend nights.
About Paneer Fry
This Paneer Fry recipe is without doubt one of the methods when you may have a scrumptious and satisfying meal in your busy, hectic days. It’s as a result of all of the substances are normally obtainable in a house kitchen, wherever you go in India. Along with the cottage cheese (paneer), there’s onions, tomatoes, inexperienced chilies, ginger-garlic paste and different spice powders, that are all very fundamental.
I’ve tailored this recipe of Paneer Fry from my recipe of Goan type Mushroom Fry. This stir fry of paneer with different substances has flavors and texture, one which isn’t too oily, spicy or pungent. Nevertheless, you may add or subtract the spices in accordance with what your style buds demand on a specific day.
This Paneer Fry additionally makes use of a wide range of inexperienced chilies that are much less on warmth. However if you would like a spicier profile within the dish, go for the inexperienced chilies which sit someplace between medium to excessive on the Scoville scale. Scoville is the unit to measure the pungency of peppers/chilies and the likes.
My recipe requires sautéing the substances and never really deep frying the paneer. So whereas making the recipe, nothing is deep fried. The phrase “fry” is normally used for sautéed substances within the Indian lingo and thus the identify of this recipe.
You might be even free to make use of any number of tofu on this recipe. That’s additionally an excellent substitute for paneer. Have Paneer Fry with paratha, roti, chapati or naan. Or use it as a stuffing for rolls, wraps and frankies, the selection is completely yours.
Find out how to make Paneer Fry
Make Masala Fry
1. Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Hold warmth to medium-low and add 1.25 cups thinly sliced onions.
2. Combine the onions with the oil and start to sauté them.
3. Onions take loads of time to sauté. So, you may add a pinch of salt whereas cooking them.
4. Stirring typically, sauté onions until they begin to turn into gentle golden. Don’t brown the onions.
5. Now, add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
6. Sauté until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
7. Then, add 3 to 4 slit inexperienced chilies.
Tip – Use inexperienced chilies which aren’t very spicy or sizzling.
8. Combine effectively and sauté for a minute.
9. Then, add ½ cup diced tomatoes.
10. Combine once more and start to sauté tomatoes. When sautéing tomatoes, if the masala combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water. Combine once more and proceed to sauté.
11. Sauté until the tomatoes soften.
12. Hold the warmth to its lowest. Now, add the next listed spices:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri pink chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
You possibly can add much less or extra spice powders as per your necessities.
12. Combine very effectively. If the combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water.
Make Paneer Fry
13. Season with salt as required. Combine once more.
14. Add 200 grams cubed paneer.
15. Combine the paneer cubes with the masala.
16. Swap off the warmth and add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
17. Combine once more.
18. Serve Paneer Fry with chapati, phulka, paratha, naan or bread.
- An alternative choice to paneer on this recipe is tofu. Press the tofu first to take away any liquids or moisture from it. You might additionally pan fry tofu cubes and blend with the cooked onion and tomato fry combination.
- Use good high quality paneer and ensure it’s recent and never rancid. Home made paneer works greatest on this recipe.
- Whereas sautéing onions, add a pinch of salt in them to lock the method of cooking.
- Use inexperienced chilies that aren’t extremely popular. To make the dish spicier, use those which might be medium to excessive on the spice meter.
- Sprinkle some water on the tomatoes, if they’re sticking to the pan whereas sautéing. Then, combine and proceed to sauté.
- You possibly can add much less or extra of the pink chilli powder, black pepper powder and inexperienced chillies as per your necessities.
Extra Simple Paneer Recipes To Strive!
Please make sure you fee this recipe within the recipe card under in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer fry is an easy sautéed recipe made with paneer, onion, tomatoes and herbs-spices. The recipe comes collectively in 25 minutes and makes for a fast weeknight meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 25 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making masala fry
Warmth 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Hold warmth to medium-low and add thinly sliced onions.
Combine the onions with the oil and start to sauté them.
Onions take loads of time to sauté. So you may add a pinch of salt whereas cooking them.
Stirring typically sauté onions until they begin to turn into gentle golden. Don’t brown the onions.
Now add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
Sauté until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Then add 3 to 4 slit inexperienced chilies. Tip – use inexperienced chilies which aren’t very spicy or sizzling.
Combine effectively and sauté for a minute.
- Then add diced tomatoes. Combine once more effectively and start to sauté tomatoes. When sautéing tomatoes, if masala combination begins sticking to pan, then sprinkle some water. Combine once more and proceed to sauté.
Sauté until the tomatoes soften.
Hold flame to its lowest. Now add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, kashmiri pink chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
Combine very effectively. If the combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water.
Making paneer fry
Season with salt as required. Combine once more.
Add 200 grams paneer, chopped in cubes.
Combine the paneer with the masala.
Swap off warmth and add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. Combine once more.
Serve Paneer Fry with chapati, phulka, paratha, naan or bread.
- Both use do-it-yourself paneer or any good high quality packaged paneer. Be sure that the paneer is recent and never gone rancid or tasting bitter.
- Alter the black pepper powder, pink chilli powder and inexperienced chillies in accordance with your spice and warmth preferences.
- You might additionally add some sliced capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper) in the event you like.
- Swap paneer with tofu. First press tofu between two heavy weighted objects to take away any additional liquids or moisture. Decide to pan fry tofu frivolously earlier than including the onion-tomato fry combine.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 325 Energy from Fats 234
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 11g69%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 44mg15%
Vitamin A 331IU7%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.04mg3%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.3mg2%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
Vitamin E 4mg27%
Vitamin Okay 4µg4%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 17µg4%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
This Paneer Fry recipe put up from the archives first printed in Could 2018 has been republished and up to date on 19 July 2022.