Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad is a recent and easy high-protein lunch that may be eaten chilly on the go at work, the seaside, or anyplace else you’re headed this summer time.
Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad
This Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad is topped with feta cheese, a simple and cheap lunch . Chickpeas are considered one of my favourite pantry staples – I all the time have a can on hand. Every serving of this salad has 30 grams of protein, which you’ll improve by including extra grilled rooster or leftover rooster breast from a roasted rooster. It’s additionally excessive in fiber. Simpler, budget-friendly high-protein lunch recipes are this Chickpea Tuna Salad, Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl, and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
Chickpeas are considered one of my favourite legumes so I all the time maintain my pantry stocked with cans. It’s an excellent pantry staple, that’s cheap and loaded with fiber! In case you’re on a excessive protein food regimen, you may try all my high protein recipes right here.
Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad Components
Listed below are the substances on this Greek-inspired chickpea salad.
- Protein: Grilled rooster, chickpeas, feta
- Greens: Mini cucumbers, grape or cherry tomatoes, purple onion
- Dressing: Additional virgin olive oil, lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt, dried oregano
The way to Meal Prep
This rooster chickpea salad recipe makes sufficient for 2 servings, however be at liberty to double or triple the recipe to feed extra individuals. You possibly can meal prep this salad the evening earlier than you intend on consuming it.
- Mix the rooster, chickpeas, and greens with half of the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide into two food-storage containers, and high with feta, oregano, and the remaining lemon and oil.
- Chickpeas: You possibly can swap the chickpeas for canned white beans.
- Cucumber: I used mini cucumbers, which have a skinny pores and skin and don’t require peeling. An English or Persian cucumber would additionally work in case you can’t discover the mini ones. In case you purchase a daily cucumber, peel the pores and skin off because it’s thicker and extra bitter.
- Onion: Swap purple onion for shallot.
- Tomatoes: Sub sundried tomatoes for recent.
- Greens: Add avocado or bell pepper for extra veggies.
- Lettuce: Serve this rooster chickpea salad over blended greens or chopped romaine.
- Cheese: In case you don’t like feta, skip it.
- Herbs: Substitute dried basil or thyme for oregano or use recent herbs.
Extra Chickpea Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Rooster Feta Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz grilled chicken, or leftover breast from a rotisserie, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Combine chickpeas, chicken, cucumbers, tomato and red onion with 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and toss.
Divide on 2 plates and top with feta, dried oregano and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
Serving: 13/4 cups, Calories: 462kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 19.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 73.5mg, Sodium: 1103mg, Fiber: 11.5g, Sugar: 16g
Keywords: cold lunch ideas, grilled chicken and chickpeas, high protein lunch ideas, non sandwich lunch ideas, salad ideas