My Paneer Roll recipe is among the finest kathi roll (or frankie or wrap) that I’ve ever made; I can actually say it beats those that avenue distributors in Calcutta promote! Paneer tikka, inexperienced chutney, and a combined veggie salad are wrapped in an entire wheat roti for a wholesome, tasty and transportable lunch.
About This Paneer Roll Recipe
On this paneer roll recipe, the stuffing is a lip-smacking paneer tikka made on skillet, a vibrant inexperienced chutney and a crunchy combined veggie salad. The outer wrap is made with complete wheat dough. Total, it is a nutritious and scrumptious vegetarian paneer kathi roll recipe!
You’ll be able to serve the paneer wrap as a night snack, lunch, or brunch. There may be some prep work required for making the inexperienced chutney and the salad topping, however getting ready these elements is straightforward. When you have leftover complete wheat dough, then the recipe is comparatively fast and straightforward.
There are numerous methods to make kathi rolls and frankies. I’ve already shared a couple of scrumptious variations together with:
For this paneer wrap recipe, be at liberty to make use of both contemporary, selfmade Paneer or frozen paneer. If utilizing frozen paneer, then observe the instructions on the pack, after which marinate the paneer. For the tikka marinade, it’s best is to make use of hung curd or greek yogurt.
To show this kathi roll right into a paneer frankie, merely add an egg layer to the roti previous to rolling.
How you can Make Paneer Roll
Don’t get discouraged once you see the variety of steps for making this scrumptious avenue meals – I promise they’re all fairly easy!
1. In a mixing bowl, take 6 tablespoons hung curd or greek yogurt.
2. Add the next listing of herbs and spices:
- ½ tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala powder – non-obligatory
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri purple chilli powder
- black salt or common salt to style.
3. Combine very properly.
4. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and blend once more.
5. Now add 200 grams cubed paneer.
6. Gently combine so the marinade coats the paneer cubes evenly. Cowl and preserve apart for half-hour. If holding for greater than half-hour, then refrigerate.
Make Forward Tip: If you wish to work forward, paneer tikka might be marinated as much as 1 day prematurely.
Put together Inexperienced Chutney
7. Take the beneath listed substances in a blender or small grinder:
½ cup coriander leaves
½ cup mint leaves
1 inexperienced chilli or ½ teaspoon chopped inexperienced chilies
1 inch ginger
1 to 2 small garlic cloves
¼ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder) OR ½ teaspoon chaat masala – non-obligatory
½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
8. Add 1 teaspoon water (OPTIONAL) and grind coarsely. For the reason that coriander and mint leaves are rinsed, the moisture from them helps in grinding.
9. Then add 2 tablespoons hung yogurt or thick curd.
10. Grind to a clean chutney. Take away in a bowl and preserve apart.
Make Forward Tip: Inexperienced chutney will preserve within the fridge for as much as 1 day.
Put together Veg Salad
11. Thinly slice 1 medium onion. Grate carrots and shred or thinly slice the cabbage and capsicum (bell pepper).
In complete, you have to ⅓ cup thinly sliced cabbage, ⅓ cup grated carrot, ⅓ cup thinly sliced capsicum and ⅓ cup thinly sliced onions.
12. Take all of the veggies in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon chaat masala, ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri purple chilli powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and salt to style.
13. Combine very properly and preserve apart.
14. Add 1 cup complete wheat flour (atta) and ¼ teaspoon salt to a big mixing bowl.
15. Then add ½ tablespoon oil and regularly add ½ cup water. Begin by including ¼ cup water on this step, and add the remaining water as wanted throughout kneading.
16. Start to knead. Add water as required and knead to a clean, mushy dough. Cowl the dough and preserve apart for it to relaxation for 20 to half-hour.
17. After 20 to half-hour, divide the dough into small or medium sized balls, relying on the dimensions of the wraps you wish to make. You can too make mini wraps as an appetizer if you happen to’d like.
18. Mud the dough ball with some flour.
19. Gently roll to skinny roti. The roti shouldn’t be thick. You’ll be able to add extra flour if wanted whereas rolling.
20. Place the roti on a scorching tawa.
21. Prepare dinner the bottom until you see bubbles showing on the roti, or the roti is roughly ¼ cooked.
Be aware that the tawa ought to be scorching, so cook dinner on a medium-high to excessive flame. When you make them on a low warmth, the roti will change into exhausting or crisp.
22. Then flip roti.
23. Unfold some oil throughout.
24. Then flip once more when the second facet is ½ cooked.
25. Unfold some oil on this facet too. You will note golden blisters on the roti.
26. Flip a couple of times extra for even roasting. Press the sides with spatula, in order that the sides are additionally cooked properly.
27. Prepare dinner until the roti has some golden blisters throughout it. Take away and preserve the roti heat in a roti basket or casserole. Put together all rotis this fashion, holding them heat as you’re employed.
Prepare dinner Paneer Tikka
28. That is the marinated paneer after half-hour.
29. Warmth 2 tablespoons impartial oil in a pan. Hold the flame to low or medium-low and add the marinated paneer cubes.
Utilizing thick yogurt or hung curd means the marinade coated the paneer items very properly. When you have used skinny yogurt, then simply add the paneer cubes and don’t pour within the leftover marinade.
As a substitute of pan frying, you can too grill paneer cubes within the oven.
30. After a minute flip over the paneer cubes.
31. Pan fry the paneer cubes, turning typically until the marinade is cooked and the paneer turns into mushy.
32. Hold stirring and turning the cubes at intervals. Additionally, remember to use a properly seasoned pan or a non-stick pan to forestall the paneer cubes from tearing.
33. As soon as the paneer is finished, take away the pan from the flame and preserve apart. I cooked the paneer for about 4 minutes on a medium-low warmth.
Don’t cook dinner an excessive amount of, or the paneer will change into chewy and dense! Timing will differ relying on the thickness of the pan, depth of the flame, and many others.
Assemble Paneer Wrap
34. Take one roti.
35. Unfold the mint-coriander-curd chutney over it. If packing for a tiffin, don’t unfold the chutney on the roti. Pack it individually.
36. Place the paneer tikka cubes on the middle third of the roti.
37. Prime with the veg salad. If packing for a tiffin, don’t add the veg salad to the roll; pack it individually.
38. Roll each the edges of the roti and make a wrap.
39. Wrap the underside half of the rolls in butter paper or aluminum foil to maintain the filling from falling out whereas consuming. If packing the paneer kathi roll for tiffin, then wrap the whole roll in aluminum foil.
40. Serve paneer wrap with the remaining chutney and veggie salad on the facet. They’re additionally fairly good with Tomato Ketchup.
If you’re packing your paneer kathi roll in a tiffin, remember to not add the inexperienced chutney or the veggie salad to the roll; as an alternative, pack them individually. Additionally, make certain that the paneer tikka isn’t too scorching once you make your rolls, because the condensation that can come up as they cool will make the roti soggy.
Whereas the 2 phrases are sometimes used interchangeably, there are a couple of delicate variations between these two Indian wraps. First, frankies have an egg layer that’s cooked onto the roti, whereas kathi rolls don’t. Secondly, kathi rolls originated in Calcutta, whereas frankies come from Mumbai.
You need to be capable to get 4 paneer wraps out of this recipe.
Positive! Merely swap in additional agency tofu for the paneer, and omit the curd or use plant primarily based yogurt to make the inexperienced chutney.
Please remember to fee this recipe within the recipe card beneath if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer Roll Recipe | Paneer Kathi Roll | Paneer Wrap
Top-of-the-line paneer roll recipe with tasty paneer stuffing paired along with wholesome veggie salad and vivid inexperienced chutney.
Prep Time 40 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 55 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Getting ready paneer tikka
In a mixing bowl take all of the substances for the marination, besides paneer.
Combine very properly. Test the style and add extra salt if required.
Now add paneer, which has been chopped in cubes.
Gently combine and let the marination coat the paneer cubes evenly. Cowl and preserve apart for half-hour. If holding for greater than half-hour, then refrigerate.
Getting ready inexperienced chutney
Take all of the substances for the inexperienced chutney in a grinder jar.
Add 1 teaspoon water (non-obligatory) and grind coarsely. For the reason that coriander and mint leaves are rinsed, the moisture from them helps in grinding.
Then add 2 tablespoon hung yogurt or thick curd.
Grind to a clean chutney. Take away in a bowl and preserve apart. You’ll be able to even refrigerate the chutney.
Making veggie salad
Thinly slice onion, grate carrots and shred the cabbage or thinly slice them. Additionally thinly slice capsicum (bell pepper).
Take all of the veggies in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Additionally add salt as per style.
Combine very properly and preserve apart.
In a mixing bowl or pan or a big tray, take complete wheat flour, ½ tablespoon oil and salt.
Then add ½ cup water in elements. First you’ll be able to add ¼ cup water and add the remaining required quantity of water later.
Start to knead. Add water as required and knead to a clean mushy dough.
Cowl the dough and preserve apart for it to relaxation for 20 to half-hour.
After 20 to half-hour, divide the dough into small or medium sized balls. This will depend on the dimensions of the wraps you wish to make. You can too make mini wraps.
Mud the dough ball with some flour. Then gently roll to skinny roti. The roti shouldn’t be thick. If required whereas rolling, you’ll be able to add some extra flour.
- Place the roti on a scorching tawa or skillet. Prepare dinner the bottom until you see blisters showing on the roti or the roti is ¼ᵗʰ cooked. Do be aware that the tawa or skillet ought to be scorching. So cook dinner on a medium-high to excessive flame. On a low flame, the roti will change into very crispy or exhausting.
Then flip roti. unfold some oil throughout.
Then flip once more when the second facet is ½ cooked.
Unfold some oil on this facet too. You will note golden blisters on the roti.
Flip a couple of times extra for even roasting. Take away and preserve the roti in a roti basket or in a heat casserole. Put together all rotis this fashion.
Making paneer tikka
- Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Hold the flame to low or medium-low and add the marinated paneer cubes. Add the whole marination. Since I had used hung yogurt, I added the whole marinated combination because the hung yogurt marination had coated the paneer items very properly. However if in case you have used yogurt which has a skinny consistency, then simply add the paneer cubes.
After a minute flip over the paneer cubes.
Pan fry the paneer cubes turning typically until the marination is cooked and the paneer turns into mushy.
Carry on stirring and turning them at intervals. Additionally use a properly seasoned pan or a non stick pan, in order that the paneer cubes don’t persist with the pan whereas frying.
I cooked the paneer for about 4 minutes on a medium-low warmth. Don’t cook dinner an excessive amount of as then paneer will change into dense, cook dinner on medium-low flame. Timing will differ with the thickness of the pan, depth of the flame and many others.
As soon as the paneer is finished, take away the pan from the flame and preserve apart.
Assembling and making paneer roll
Take one roti.
Unfold the mint-coriander-curd chutney over it.
Now place the paneer tikka cubes within the middle.
Prime with the veg salad.
Roll each the edges of the roti and make a wrap.
Wrap half portion of the rolls in butter paper or aluminium foil. If packing paneer roll for tiffin, then wrap the whole roll in aluminium foil and skip including the inexperienced chutney and veggie salad.
Serve paneer kathi roll with the remaining chutney or tomato ketchup. You can too add a few of the veg salad as a garnish on the paneer wrap.
- Use contemporary selfmade paneer. Don’t make this recipe with paneer that has gone bitter or change into rancid.
- Don’t cook dinner the marinated paneer cubes for a very long time as it will lead to them changing into chewy or rubbery.
- Modify the inexperienced chilies as wanted to make a spicy or much less spicy chutney.
- Within the veggie salad be at liberty so as to add your selection of veggies – beets, onions, carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, lettuce are some good choices.
- This recipe might be scaled as much as make for bigger servings.
Paneer Roll Recipe | Paneer Kathi Roll | Paneer Wrap
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 406 Energy from Fats 234
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 10g
Ldl cholesterol 34mg11%
Vitamin A 2404IU48%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 2mg10%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 19mg23%
Vitamin E 6mg40%
Vitamin Okay 15µg14%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 32µg8%
* % Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Paneer Roll recipe submit from the archives first printed on January 2017 has been republished and up to date on 10 Could 2022.