You will discover limitless recipes for dairy options and traditional copycats in our recipe section. However we additionally prefer to cowl easy, simple, dairy-free meals that don’t require any fuss or specialty substances. This naturally dairy-free honey mustard rooster is a good instance. It’s family-friendly, allergy-friendly, and budget-friendly, and it makes use of on a regular basis pantry provides for seasoning. Plus, you may prep it forward!
Honey Mustard Hen that’s Excellent for Simple, Everybody-Pleasant Meals
We first shared this recipe a few years in the past. It’s a pattern from The Garden of Eating, by Chef Rachel Albert-Matesz. I’ve made it myself, and love the benefit and ease of it. Honey mustard is a favourite taste in our dwelling, and it pairs completely with an array of greens and starches. We get pleasure from it sizzling, with the serving suggestion under, however Rachel typically serves it chilly, with the paleo-friendly suggestion under.
- Get pleasure from it Sizzling: Serve this honey mustard rooster with rice or quinoa and steamed broccoli or grilled zucchini. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges for squeezing.
- Get pleasure from it Chilly: Serve this honey mustard rooster over a mattress of uncooked spinach, arugula, or spring greens, with minced scallions, parsley, purple radishes, celery, contemporary or sun-dried tomato slices, avocado, and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Particular Eating regimen Notes: Honey Mustard Hen
By substances, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly.
Dairy-Free Honey Mustard Hen
Creator: Chef Rachel Albert-Matesz
Recipe kind: Entree
- 1½ to 2 kilos boneless skinless rooster breasts
- ⅓ cup creamy white, yellow, or dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated or minced contemporary ginger
- ¼ teaspoon floor purple or black pepper
- Place the rooster in a single stage in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the mustard, oil, honey, ginger, and pepper, till mixed.
- Scrape the marinade over the rooster and unfold to evenly coat.
- Cowl the rooster and refrigerate it for six to eight hours, all day, or in a single day.
- Prepare dinner the rooster items on the grill or in frivolously oiled, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium warmth, for about 3 minutes per facet, or till agency, the meat is beige all through, and the juices run clear when a check piece is lower in half. Marinate because it cooks with the marinade from the following step.
- Place any leftover marinade in a small pot. Add a splash of water and produce it to a boil. Scale back the warmth and simmer it for 4 minutes. Use this combination to marinade the rooster because it cooks.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
Herb Variation: Add 1 tablespoon minced contemporary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, tarragon, dill, or basil to the marinade.
Chipotlé Variation: Substitute the ginger with ½ teaspoon floor chipotlé powder. Omit the black pepper and garnish the ultimate dish with minced cilantro earlier than serving.
Extra Quick, Simple, and Wholesome Entrees