Nonetheless staring on the turkey leftovers from Christmas Day sitting in your fridge?
Worry not, we are able to give you a Christmas dinner toastie with all of the trimmings – because of a lady on TikTok.
Foodie @emilyscooking_ has shared a scrumptious but easy air fryer sandwich recipe – which she calls a ‘mega toastie’ – that’s racked up greater than 800,000 views on the platform to this point.
On her Instagram, Emily wrote: ‘Each Christmas I all the time prepare dinner further so I don’t should prepare dinner for a couple of days, that method I can benefit from the festive season slightly than being within the kitchen.
‘There’s all the time a contest with the very best Christmas sandwich and I’ve tried many – however nothing beats this beast.
‘There’s no order in the way you assemble it however one factor that could be a should is the additional slice of bread within the center, drenched in gravy.
‘It makes this toastie further scrumptious and attractive.’
Fancy giving it a go? Attempt Emily’s recipe beneath:
Leftover turkey Christmas toastie recipe
- Three slices of bread
- Cranberry Sauce
- Mozzarella and cheddar to prime
- Butter the primary slice of bread and drizzle with mayo.
- Then place lettuce, turkey, bacon, stuffing and cranberry sauce on it and one other drizzle of mayo on prime.
- Soak the second slice of bread in leftover gravy then place on prime of the turkey and bacon.
- Repeat step two once more on prime of the gravy bread.
- Place the third slice of bread on prime and butter the highest of it.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and sage.
- Put it within the air fryer at 200C for 5 to 10 minutes, relying on how toasted you need it.
- Then drizzle with gravy to complete.
Emily’s recipe has gone down a deal with on social media with numerous customers commenting that they will’t wait to strive the toastie.
One TikTok consumer mentioned: ‘I’m extraordinarily drawn to this sandwich.’
There was additionally loads of reward for the addition of Ross Geller’s ‘moist maker’ layer within the sandwich.
Some customers urged utilizing cabbage as a substitute of lettuce which you may additionally need to strive – and there’s nothing stopping you from including some tasty extras like every leftover pigs in blankets.
Do you might have a narrative to share?
Get in contact by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
MORE : Three alternative Christmas leftover ideas you’ll actually be excited about – from brie potatoes to cranberry croquettes
MORE : Make this chocolate orange Yule log with leftover Christmas pudding
MORE : Try this 10-minute sweet and sour turkey recipe for Christmas leftovers