Bought leftover rice from final night time? Don’t actually need to make one other wok-tossed fried rice with it? Need to flip it into a pleasant, yummy snack? This Rice Cutlet recipe is the reply to all these questions. These Leftover Rice Cutlets are crisp, delicious and makes use of probably the most fundamental components like potatoes, onions, different herbs and spices. This easy and simple recipe can be vegan and gluten free. You actually can’t miss attempting it!
About Rice Cutlet
This Rice Cutlet recipe is a type of many dishes that I make with cooked rice, and are completely a smashing delight for the palate. There’s truly no probability of anybody not liking these cutlets. They’re so good!
Many a instances, when there’s leftover rice after lunch, I exploit it to make this Rice Cutlet and lots of extra pretty dishes. It’s best to make use of the cooked rice this fashion, which doesn’t quantity to wastage in any respect.
The most effective issues about these Leftover Rice Cutlets is that they’re actually easy to arrange. You simply want some cooked rice, boiled potatoes and spices. Combine all the things up, form into cutlets or tikkis and shallow or pan fry them. Superior snack, prepared in a matter of minutes.
Any number of rice can be utilized on this recipe. However make it possible for it’s cooked nicely and never al dente. So far as the spice meter is anxious, you possibly can cut back or select to not add the inexperienced chilies. The amount of the remainder of the spice powders may also be modified. This specific recipe gives you 10 to 12 cutlets.
To extend the nutrient quotient of the Rice Cutlet, you may also add ¼ cup of grated greens like carrots and beetroots, together with some inexperienced peas. It won’t solely flip these cutlets healthful, but in addition add a pop of colour in them.
This Rice Cutlet makes for an awesome night snack for youths as nicely. You possibly can get pleasure from these with any inexperienced chutney like coriander, mint, tamarind chutney, tomato sauce, and so on. Use these cutlets to make delicious sandwiches too.
The right way to make Rice Cutlet
Make Cutlet Combination
1. To make these cutlets, you have to 1 cup tightly packed cooked rice. Take the rice in a mixing bowl.
2. Add ½ cup tightly packed mashed potatoes. Each the potatoes in addition to rice need to be at room temperature.
Steam or boil 1 medium to giant potato until nicely cooked. For strain cooking, add 1 potato in a 2-liter stovetop strain cooker together with ¾ to 1 cup water. Strain cook dinner for two to three whistles or for five to six minutes on medium warmth.
Let the strain drop naturally within the cooker after which solely open the lid. Take away the potato with the assistance of pasta tongs and set it apart to chill on a plate or tray.
3. Now, add ⅓ cup chopped onion, 1 chopped inexperienced chili (about ½ to 1 teaspoon, chopped) and 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
4. Subsequent add the next spices:
- ¼ teaspoon pink chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
5. Then, add 3 tablespoons gram flour (besan) and salt as per style. You too can use roasted gram flour or sattu, cornstarch or rice flour.
6. Combine all the things very nicely. If you find yourself mixing, the rice may even get mashed.
7. Form the combination into small to medium dimension cutlets/patties or tikkis.
Fry Rice Cutlet
8. Warmth 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or tawa/skillet. When the oil turns into medium sizzling, place the cutlets on the tawa.
9. When the bottom is calmly browned, flip them with a spatula and fry the opposite facet.
10. Flip once more and fry the cutlets until they’re crisp and golden. You’ll have to flip them a few instances for even cooking.
You possibly can fry them in 2 batches or suddenly, relying on the scale of the tawa or frying pan.
11. When properly crisp and golden, take away and place them on a kitchen paper towel for additional oil to be absorbed. This fashion put together them in batches.
12. Serve Rice Cutlet sizzling with tomato ketchup, mint chutney or tamarind chutney. They make for a scrumptious night tea time or occasion snack.
If its raining, then I additionally serve a cup of sizzling ginger tea together with these cutlets. Fritters and cutlets throughout monsoon time are finest loved with a cup of sizzling tea.
Extra to do with leftover rice
I actually don’t imagine in losing meals below any given regular circumstance. There are lots of methods by way of which we burn up leftover meals. As in if there’ll be some cooked rice, curry or sabzi from yesterday, we’ve at all times had methods to make use of it up by making completely different dishes.
After all, if the leftover meals is spoilt, we’ll clearly discard it as then it turns into deadly to the well being.
Speaking of leftover meals, the commonest one is the steamed rice. And in India there are a selection of dishes which have been created over years with simply leftover rice.
This checklist is unending. Ask a housewife, she’s perpetually experimenting with cooked rice and developing with delectable dishes.
My checklist of recipes with leftover rice can be fairly in depth. Among the prime favorites embody this Rice Cutlet, Masala Rice, Rice Pakoda, Tamarind Rice, Fried Rice and Lemon Rice.
For all the opposite innumerable methods of utilizing leftover cooked rice, this Leftover Rice Recipes compilation goes that can assist you.
Along with these with cooked rice, there are various different leftover meals dishes that me and my household swear by. A few of them are Idli Fry Aloo Tikki Chole and Paniyaram.
- Modify the style by adjusting inexperienced chilies and spices.
- Use any neutral-flavored oil for both shallow frying or pan frying the cutlets.
- Rather than the gram flour (besan), you possibly can even use rice flour, cornstarch or roasted black chickpea flour (sattu) and even breadcrumbs.
- Veggies like grated beetroot, grated carrot or inexperienced peas will be added within the recipe.
- This cutlet recipe is well scalable.
Extra Cutlet Variants To Attempt!
Please you should definitely charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath when you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Rice Cutlet | Leftover Rice Cutlets
These are crisp and scrumptious Rice Cutlet made with left over cooked rice, mashed potatoes, herbs and spices. Makes for a simple and attractive snack or facet.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 25 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making rice cutlet combination
Take all of the components in a mixing bowl, besides oil.
Combine very nicely. Test the style and add extra of the bottom spice powders or salt if wanted.
Combine all the things very nicely. If you find yourself mixing, the rice may even get mashed.
Form the combination into small to medium sized patties or tikkis.
Frying rice cutlet
Warmth 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or tawa (skillet). Maintain the warmth to medium low to medium sizzling.
When the oil turns into medium sizzling, place the rice cutlets on the tawa.
When the bottom is calmly browned, flip them utilizing a spatula and fry the opposite facet.
Flip once more and fry until they’re crisp and golden. You’ll have to flip them a few instances for even cooking.
When properly crisp and golden, take away them and place them on kitchen paper towel in order that any additional oil is absorbed if any.
Serve Rice Cutlet sizzling with coriander chutney or mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Spices and inexperienced chilies will be adjusted as per your style.
- Be certain that the rice is nicely cooked and never al-dente.
- You possibly can even pan fry the cutlets with much less oil. You should utilize any neutral-flavored oil.
- As an alternative of besan, you may also use roasted black chickpea flour (sattu) or cornstarch or rice flour and even breadcrumbs.
- The recipe will be doubled or tripled.
- If you wish to embody some veggies in these cutlets then you possibly can think about including ¼ cup of grated veggies like carrots or beetroot. Some boiled or steamed peas may also be added.
Rice Cutlet | Leftover Rice Cutlets
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 81 Energy from Fats 36
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.5g3%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fats 4g
Vitamin A 23IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.05mg3%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.01mg1%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.3mg2%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Ok 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 13µg3%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Rice Cutlet publish from the archives first printed on June 2016 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.