Love laddu? Right here’s the Rava Laddu Recipe that’s going to get you hooked on it, as quickly as you chew into it! Often known as Suji Ke Laddu, these are scrumptious balls made with semolina or cream of wheat (rava/suji), ghee, sugar and flavored with inexperienced cardamom and nuts. My recipe of the Rava Ladoo additionally has some coconut in it as I personally love the flavour. Whereas there are lots of variations of this common Indian festive mithai (candy), my model not solely tastes superior, however will get executed rapidly too.
Extra on Rava Laddu
Suji Ke Laddu are delectable and an excellent common Indian candy, generally made throughout festivals like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi and Janmashtami. Mainly, these are nothing however flavored, sweetened semolina balls. Since semolina known as as suji/rava in Hindi, therefore, the title of this candy.
This specific Rava Laddu Recipe is a Maharashtrian type recipe that I had learnt from my aunt. This Rava Ladoo is tasty, simple and fast, that doesn’t take a lot time.
Thus, an apt candy for the complete pageant season. Make it for Diwali or for any festive celebrations in your house, it’s at all times a star!
Since this Rava Laddu Recipe doesn’t make the most of any specific consistency of sugar syrup, these Suji Ke Laddu made with none sugar syrup are very simple to form and the recipe is fool-proof too.
Issues can actually go weird, if you need to work with particular sugar syrup consistencies. This will additionally end in laddu which may be laborious, chewy and even brittle. With this Rava Ladoo, there’s no such downside. Even a newbie or novice prepare dinner can simply form them.
On this Rava Laddu Recipe, I’ve additionally added contemporary coconut. You possibly can even skip it too or add desiccated coconut or grated dry khopra, in case you don’t have contemporary coconut.
For the very best home made Suji Ke Laddu, don’t neglect to undergo the Ideas and FAQs sections. Additionally, test this hyperlink of Ladoo Recipes for extra such fab laddu.
Roast Rava Completely, Everytime
Rava or suji is clearly the principle ingredient on this ladoo recipe. So, it’s completely essential so that you can be a professional, when roasting the semolina or rava.
In any case, you actually don’t need half-cooked, half-raw semolina granules in your Suji Ke Laddu. Additionally, for those who devour such a Rava Ladoo, you may ultimately have issues in your abdomen.
To completely roast suji for this recipe, you should hold sure issues in thoughts. Each. Single. Time. It isn’t some rocket science. Even when it’s the first time for you, you possibly can roast rava properly and nicely.
The beneath pointers ought to enable you perceive the main points of this course of nicely:
- You will need to start with a heavy pan or kadai. The rava should not be burnt, with a purpose to not have inconsistently speckled laddu with brown, creamish or black specks throughout.
- Warmth the pan, and hold the warmth to low or medium-low. Let the ghee soften in it. Subsequent, add rava after which stir, stir, stir away to glory!
- Initially, you possibly can stir just a few instances. However as you course of additional with the rava getting sizzling, the stirring must be continuous, or else due to being in direct contact with the pan, the rava will start to show brown or get burnt.
- The firstly, and essentially the most outstanding signal, in case you are roasting the rava nicely, will probably be its aroma. You’ll really really feel the nice aroma engulfing your total kitchen.
- The second signal is that the rava granules will look dry and separated, like a free and light-weight crumbly combination. In Hindi, this consistency is termed as ‘danedaar,’ which means every granule trying separated and distinct.
- The third signal is that the rava will emit steam. It will indicate that the rava is sizzling. As soon as that is achieved, it’s advisable to maintain roasting the rava for some extra time, stirring continuous.
- Later, take away the pan from warmth. The residue warmth from the pan will additional prepare dinner the rava a bit. Stir a couple of times after you retain the pan, in order that the warmth of the pan doesn’t brown the rava.
How one can make Rava Laddu
1. Warmth 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) in a heavy pan or kadai. Hold the warmth to medium and let the ghee soften. Use desi ghee, both home made or model of ghee.
2. As soon as the ghee has melted, decrease the warmth and add 1 heaped cup wonderful rava (185 grams). Use the wonderful number of rava.
Be certain that the rava is inside its shelf life and has not turn out to be rancid. Additionally, test for the presence of any molds or bugs earlier than you prepare dinner. Discard such a rava infested with bugs.
3. Combine rava very nicely with the ghee with a spatula or giant spoon.
4. Stir typically and start to roast rava on a low warmth.
5. Proceed to roast until the rava turns into aromatic and adjustments colour. No have to brown the rava. The feel may also seem crumbly, free and light-weight.
Roasting rava takes about 10 to 12 minutes on low warmth. As soon as the rava turns into sizzling, you need to stir continuous in order that the rava doesn’t get browned or burnt
6. As soon as the rava has roasted nicely, add 6 tablespoons grated contemporary coconut. You may as well add desiccated coconut as an alternative of contemporary coconut.
Omit coconut for those who don’t have it otherwise you don’t wish to use it.
7. Stir and roast for about 1 to 2 minutes on low warmth.
8. Now, hold the pan on the kitchen counter and let the laddu combination cool at room temperature.
Powder Roasted Rava and Sugar
9. When the ladoo combination has cooled, take ½ cup sugar (120 grams) in a grinder jar or a blender.
10. Mix or grind the sugar to a wonderful powder. Don’t open the lid instantly. Await a couple of minutes. When you open the lid instantly, you will note some sugar powder drifting within the air.
11. To the powdered sugar within the jar, add the roasted rava-coconut combination.
12. Grind or mix to a semi-fine or wonderful texture however do make it to a floury texture. I often grind to an virtually wonderful texture. Hold the grinder jar apart.
Fry Dry Fruits and Nuts
13. In the identical pan through which rava was roasted, warmth 3 tablespoons ghee on low to medium-low warmth.
14. Add 3 tablespoons chopped nuts. You possibly can add almonds, pistachios, cashews or any nuts you want.
15. Fry the nuts within the ghee, stirring typically.
16. Fry until the nuts begin to turn out to be golden.
17. Then, add 1 tablespoon raisins.
18. Stirring typically, fry the raisins until they plump and swell in dimension.
19. Change off warmth and hold the pan on the kitchen counter.
Make Rava Laddu
20. Add the bottom rava-coconut-sugar combination straight from the grinder or blender jar to the pan containing the fried nuts and sizzling ghee. The ghee ought to be sizzling once you add the combination.
21. Combine very nicely with a spoon or spatula. Don’t combine with fingers because the ghee is sizzling.
22. Add ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
23. Combine nicely once more after which look forward to the combination to turn out to be evenly heat or cooled fully to room temperature.
If unable to type laddu, add 2 to three teaspoons softened ghee. In case the laddu don’t maintain form and flatten, hold combination within the fridge for 20 to half-hour after which form them.
24. When ladoo combination turns into heat or cools, take some portion of the combination in your palms and form into spherical balls.
25. Make laddu with the complete combination. Hold them in an air-tight metal jar. This recipe will yield 12 laddu and may be simply doubled or tripled to make an enormous batch.
Notice: The roasting time for rava will enhance if the recipe is doubled or tripled.
26. Serve Rava Laddu or Suji Ke Laddu as a festive candy or candy snack. Retailer them within the fridge in a lined container.
- The rava that you just use to make these laddu ought to be of the finer selection and never rancid or infested with bugs or mildew.
- Roasting the rava nicely is an important a part of the complete laddu making course of. Learn the recommendations on this within the part above.
- The amount of sugar may be altered to much less or extra, however don’t add much less ghee.
- For greatest outcomes, use good high quality desi ghee – both home made or from a trusted model.
- Though the coconut brings in a definite taste, it’s elective and you’ll skip utilizing it. And even use desiccated coconut as an alternative of contemporary.
- For an enhanced style, add nuts and dry fruits of your selection. Almonds and raisins style nice on this rava ladoo.
- In case you are discovering it troublesome to form the Rava Ladoo, add about 2 to three teaspoons of extra of softened ghee. If laddu aren’t capable of maintain the form or are flattening, then refrigerate the combination for about 20 to half-hour, after which strive once more.
- The recipe is definitely scalable – can halve, double or triple it. Whereas doing so, the roasting time of rava may also enhance.
For greatest Rava Laddu, at all times use wonderful rava and never the coarse or giant selection. Be certain that it’s inside its shelf life, doesn’t have any worms or bugs or is rancid.
A dry combination can result in the breakage of Suji Ke Laddu, and never holding form too. As ghee is the binding agent, add some extra melted ghee (2 to three teaspoons) within the combination. Combine after which form the laddu.
On this case, the ghee has turn out to be extra within the combination. So, you are able to do both of the 2 strategies – roast about 2 to three teaspoons rava individually, powder and add to the combination OR refrigerate the laddu combination for about 20 to half-hour to assist solidify the ghee. Then, form the laddu.
Sure, you possibly can skip frying dry fruits. Nonetheless, you need to add the three tablespoons ghee that’s used for frying dry fruits. Soften after which add.
For vegan Rava Ladoo, coconut oil must be used. The reason is coconut oil solidifies on cooling and this helps in binding the Suji Ke Laddu. However bear in mind, with coconut oil, there will probably be a definite aroma within the ladoo.
Since contemporary coconut is used on this specific recipe, these should not have an extended shelf life. Additionally, refrigerate upon getting ready them by holding them hermetic in a metal field.
When you use desiccated coconut, then the shelf life will probably be extra and you’ll hold the laddu at room temperature for just a few days.
Sure, after all. It may be simply executed for making a big batch for festivals.
To make Suji Ke Laddu with jaggery, you should use both powdered or grated jaggery with none impurities in it.
If there are impurities, you’ll have to make a syrup of jaggery with little or no water. However there ought to be no thread consistency within the syrup.
Combine jaggery in a little bit of sizzling water until it dissolves. Then, filter and add to the powdered rava.
When utilizing jaggery with out impurities, powder it first in a mixer grinder. Then, add it to the laddu combination and powder the whole lot collectively.
Please you’ll want to charge this recipe within the recipe card beneath in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Rava Laddu | Suji Ke Laddu | Rava Ladoo
A simple methodology to make rava laddu for Diwali or any pageant. This rava ladoo also referred to as suji ke laddu is made with rava (sooji or semolina), coconut, powdered sugar, dry fruits and ghee.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 25 minutes
Complete Time 30 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Warmth 1 tablespoon ghee in a heavy pan or kadai. Hold the warmth to medium and let the ghee soften.
As soon as the ghee has melted, decrease the warmth and add 1 heaped cup wonderful rava. use the wonderful number of rava.
Combine rava very nicely with the ghee. stir typically and start to roast rava on a low warmth.
Proceed to roast rava until the rava turn out to be aromatic and adjustments its colour. No have to brown the rava. The feel may also seem crumbly, free and light-weight. Roasting rava takes about 10 to 12 minutes on a low warmth.
As soon as the rava turns into sizzling, then you need to stir continuous in order that the rava doesn’t get browned or burnt.
As soon as the rava is roasted nicely, then add 6 tablespoons grated contemporary coconut. You may as well add desiccated coconut as an alternative of contemporary coconut.
Stir and roast for about one to 2 minutes on a low warmth.
Now hold the pan on the kitchen counter and let the laddu combination cool at room temperature.
Mixing Rava Combination
When the laddu combination had cooled, take ½ cup sugar in a grinder jar.
Grind the sugar to a wonderful powder. Now don’t open the lid. Await a couple of minutes. When you open the lid instantly after grinding, you’ll a few of the sugar powder drifting within the air.
To the powdered sugar within the jar, add the rava+coconut combination.
Grind to a semi-fine or wonderful texture however don’t make to a floury texture. Hold the grinder jar apart.
Frying Dry Fruits
In the identical pan, through which rava was roasted warmth 3 tablespoons ghee on a low to medium-low warmth.
Add 3 tablespoons chopped nuts. You possibly can add almonds, pistachios, cashews or any nuts you want.
Fry the nuts within the ghee until they begin to turn out to be golden.
Then add 1 tablespoon raisins. stirring typically fry the raisins until they plump and swell in dimension.
Flip off warmth and hold the pan on the kitchen counter.
Making Rava Laddu
Add the bottom rava+coconut+sugar combination straight from the grinder jar. the ghee ought to be sizzling once you add the powdered rava combination.
Combine very nicely with a spoon or spatula.
Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Combine once more very nicely after which look forward to the laddu combination to turn out to be evenly heat or fully cooled at room temperature. If unable to type ladoo, then add 2 to three teaspoons of melted ghee. In case ladoo don’t maintain form and flatten, then hold the combination within the fridge for 20 to half-hour after which form in rava ladoo.
Then take some portion of the combination in your palms and form into spherical balls which we name as ladoo.
Make rava laddu with the complete combination. Hold them in an air-tight metal jar.
Serve rava laddu as a festive candy or as a night candy snack. Retailer them within the fridge in air tight container.
- Rava laddu recipe may be halved or doubled or tripled.
- You possibly can add much less or extra sugar as per your necessities, however don’t add much less ghee.
- The coconut may be skipped. Nevertheless it provides taste.
- Use the finer number of rava. Additionally make sure that the rava isn’t rancid or infested with bugs or molds.
- Ideally use good high quality desi ghee. It may be home made or out of your most popular model.
- You possibly can add nuts and dry fruits of your selection. Raisins and almonds give style.
- Bear in mind to roast the rava nicely. Kindly learn the recommendations on roasting rava beneath the step-by-step photographs within the put up.
- Notice that the approximate diet information is for 1 rava ladoo.
Rava Laddu | Suji Ke Laddu | Rava Ladoo
Quantity Per Serving (1 rava laddu)
Energy 154 Energy from Fats 63
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 4g25%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 2g
Ldl cholesterol 13mg4%
Vitamin A 1IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Okay 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 27µg7%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Rava Laddu recipe put up from the archives, first revealed on October 2014 has been up to date and republished on 22 October 2022.