Paneer Manchurian is a savory, satisfying dish that options (shallow or deep) fried paneer cubes. This Indo-Chinese language fusion Paneer Manchurian recipe may be ready both dry with a light-weight candy, salty, and tangy sauce. Or, make a saucy model with a heavier gravy that’s excellent to take pleasure in over fried rice. Right here you’ll discover step-by-step directions with photographs to make each of those tasty variations!
Extra on Paneer Manchurian
Paneer Manchurian is a well-liked dish that fantastically combines Indian and Chinese language flavors and cooking strategies.
Candy paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cubes are dusted with corn starch and spices, and are then both shallow fried or deep fried – relying on desire. Deep fried cheese tends to be a bit crispier on the surface, whereas pan fried cubes are much less crispy and a bit more healthy.
This predominant dish or snack may be made with both frying choice, and can be ready along with your selection of a skinny sauce or a thick, wealthy gravy. I share these two variations:
- Paneer Manchurian Dry (Restaurant Type) – A dry snack model that’s tossed in a light-weight sauce.
- Paneer Manchurian Gravy – A model with a wealthy gravy-like sauciness.
Each variations are scrumptious! They embrace a combination of soy sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce, contemporary veggies and vivid aromatics for a simply the fitting steadiness of candy, salty, and umami flavors.
The addition of tomato ketchup is what makes the Manchurian sauce totally different from the acquainted chilli sauce which is used for Chilli Paneer or Chilli Mushroom. This paneer Manchurian recipe additionally has much less inexperienced chillies for a extra delicate style that lets the opposite elements shine.
Beneath you’ll discover step-by-step recipes with photographs to make Paneer Manchurian utilizing no matter methodology you want!
Tip: You’ll be able to even make this a vegan recipe by swapping the paneer with cubes of agency tofu.
For extra scrumptious paneer recipes, take a look at this assortment of 90 Paneer Recipes.
Dry Paneer Manchurian Recipe
This dry Paneer Manchurian recipe comes collectively in about half-hour. As you don’t require to cut many veggies. All you want is contemporary and smooth paneer. I do counsel to make use of selfmade paneer however you should use model of packaged paneer.
On this barely more healthy recipe, I’ve pan fried the paneer cubes, as a substitute of shallow frying or deep frying. In the event you like a crispy model, then deep fry the paneer cubes. Alternatively you may even grill them on a pan.
1. First, prep the contemporary elements. Chop the onions and bell pepper into 1 inch squares. You should use crimson or inexperienced pepper (capsicum).
Finely chop the ginger, garlic, inexperienced chilies and celery. Put aside. Skip celery, should you don’t prefer it. You too can use spring onion/scallions as a substitute of onions.
2. Then chop the cottage cheese in cubes. Pat dry them utterly with a clear kitchen towel. Then add them to a big mixing bowl.
3. Now add ½ teaspoon crimson chili powder (or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper), ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, ½ teaspoon salt and a couple of tablespoons cornstarch to the paneer cubes.
You too can mix the entire dry elements collectively first, after which add to the bowl.
4. Gently shake and toss to combine and completely coat the cheese.
Pan Fry Paneer
5. Warmth 3 tablespoons of most well-liked neutral-flavored oil in a pan, kadai or wok. The warmth needs to be medium scorching for frying.
6. Rigorously add the paneer cubes. Ensure that they don’t contact. You would possibly must work in batches if the pan isn’t fairly massive sufficient.
7. Cook dinner for a couple of minutes till browned on one aspect. Then flip and proceed to fry all sides of the paneer cubes.
8. Take care to not over-fry the cubes, or they’ll turn into too chewy and dense.
9. As soon as the entire items are fried golden, switch them to a clear kitchen towel or paper towels to empty the surplus oil.
Stir Fry Aromatics
10. In the identical pan there shall be some oil. So there’s no must wipe out the pan first. If in case there is no such thing as a oil or very much less oil within the pan, then add 1 tablespoon of oil.
Add the chopped onions, bell peppers, ginger, inexperienced chilies, garlic and celery.
11. Stir properly. Maintain the warmth to medium excessive as you stir fry.
12. Whereas the veggies stir fry, make the sunshine sauce for the dry Manchurian. There shall be a little bit of leftover cornstarch and spices within the bowl which was used to coat the paneer cubes.
13. Add ¼ cup water to this leftover cornstarch & spice combination. Stir properly to create a easy paste.
If the paneer cubes had been moist while you mixed them with the dry combination, then you will want to make a separate corn starch paste. To do that merely dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water.
14. In the meantime, proceed to prepare dinner the veggies and aromatics over medium excessive warmth, stirring often.
15. Now add ½ tablespoon soy sauce (or 1.5 teaspoons soy sauce) to the pan.
16. Then add 1.5 tablespoons tomato ketchup. Ketchup provides a tangy and barely candy taste. For extra sweetness you may enhance the quantity used to 2 tablespoons.
17. Stir and blend properly.
18. Then season with ½ teaspoon crimson chilli powder (or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper for extra warmth), ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper (black pepper powder) and salt to style.
Due to the soy sauce and ketchup you shouldn’t want so as to add greater than a pinch of salt. For a sweeter model, be at liberty so as to add ½ teaspoon of sugar.
19. Add the cornstarch paste.
20. Stir properly and produce the sauce to a simmer over medium warmth. Enable the combination to prepare dinner for one or two minutes, till the sauce begins to thicken.
Make Dry Paneer Manchurian
21. As soon as the sauce has thickened, then add the pan fried paneer cubes.
22. Gently stir in order that the cheese doesn’t break up, however does get completely coated within the candy, tangy, and salty sauce. Flip off the warmth.
23. Lastly, add ½ teaspoon rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar or common white vinegar. The acidity actually brings the flavors collectively!
24. Stir and verify the style. If wanted add extra salt, soy sauce, vinegar or black pepper.
25. Serve Restaurant Type Dry Paneer Manchurian scorching garnished with celery or some spring onion greens (scallion greens). You too can garnish with chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) or parsley.
This tasty and satisfying snack is scrumptious by itself, no dipping sauces or sides wanted!
Paneer Manchurian Gravy
This Paneer Manchurian Gravy has the crispy paneer cubes in a bitter and umami gravy or sauce. You will discover this Paneer Manchurian with sauce in lots of eating places serving Indo Chinese language meals.
On this recipe you’ll not discover the addition of all goal flour. I’ve used cornflour. I’ve additionally not deep fried the paneer cubes however shallow fried them. You’ll be able to pan fry or deep fry them as per your desire.
I’ve additionally made this gravy with out capsicum (bell pepper). However if you wish to add capsicum then you may add it.
This Paneer Manchurian Gravy is simple to make. I’ve added celery within the gravy, however you can provide it a skip should you don’t have and the recipe will nonetheless style good.
Prep and Fry Paneer
1. Cube 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese) into cubes or squares. Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, ½ teaspoon chopped ginger-garlic, ¼ to ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (or as required) and salt as required. Gently combine the entire combination very properly .
2: Warmth 4 to five tablespoons oil in a wok or skillet. Shallow fry the flour-coated paneer cubes until gentle golden turning as wanted.
3: Drain on kitchen paper tissues and put aside. Don’t fry an excessive amount of because the paneer cubes would possibly turn into dense.
Make Paneer Manchurian Gravy or Sauce
4: In one other pan or wok take 2 tablespoons oil. Or take away the additional oil from the wok during which you fried the paneer maintaining about 2 tablespoon oil in it.
Add chopped spring onions to the oil and stir fry till the onions soften.
Add 5 to six finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 inch finely chopped ginger, 1 finely chopped inexperienced chilli, 1 teaspoon chopped celery and stir fry for a couple of seconds.
5: Now add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 or 1.5 tablespoons tomato ketchup and 1 to 1.25 cups vegetable inventory or water. Cook dinner until the combination begins to simmer.
6: Add the cornstarch paste (2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 to three tablespoons water combined to a easy slurry or paste). Stir in order that the no lumps are fashioned.
7: Simmer and carry on stirring until the gravy begins to thicken. As soon as the specified consistency of thickness is finished, add the fried paneer cubes, ¼ or ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon white vinegar and salt as required.
If the gravy turns into too thick, then you may add some water earlier than including the fried paneer cubes.
8: Stir and change off the flame. Serve Paneer Manchurian Gravy scorching garnished with spring onion greens (scallion greens) with some vegetable fried rice or vegetable noodles or steamed rice. You’ll be able to even serve with dinner rolls or naan.
- For any paneer dish that you simply make it’s best to make use of contemporary paneer. Home made paneer is at all times higher and in a pinch you should use store-brought packaged paneer. Additionally guarantee that the paneer doesn’t style bitter or has gone rancid.
- Fry the paneer by selecting the tactic that fits you for any of the 2 recipes shared above. So you may deep fry, shallow fry, pan fry or grill the paneer cubes in a pan.
- You’ll be able to at all times modify the sauces and seasonings by including in line with your necessities. For a spicy style, add extra chilli sauce and for a sweeter style add a bit extra of the tomato ketchup.
- Be happy to omit the capsicum (bell pepper) should you wouldn’t have it. As an alternative of onions you should use spring onions or vice versa.
- If you add the cornstarch slurry or paste, guarantee that the warmth is low and rapidly, completely combine the paste with the remaining combination in order that lumps aren’t fashioned.
Please remember to charge this recipe within the recipe card under if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer Manchurian Recipe – Dry and Gravy
Make Paneer Manchurian Recipe two methods. An superior Restaurant Type Dry Paneer Manchurian recipe made wholesome and a scrumptious, straightforward Paneer Manchurian Gravy.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 25 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
Dry Paneer Manchurian – Recipe 1
For Paneer Manchurian Gravy – Recipe 2
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making Dry Paneer Manchurian – Recipe 1
Cube paneer in cubes. Pat dry them with a clear kitchen towel.
Add them the paneer cubes to a mixing bowl along with crimson chili powder, black pepper powder, salt and cornstarch.
Gently shake, toss and blend. All the pieces needs to be properly combined. You may additionally combine the corn starch and the spice powders first after which add the paneer cubes to it.
Warmth 3 tablespoons oil in a pan or kadai or wok. The oil needs to be medium scorching.
Add the paneer cubes. Flip and pan fry so that each one the perimeters get cooked evenly. For a crisp model, you will want to shallow fry or deep fry the paneer cubes.
Pan fry until the paneer cubes are gentle golden. Do not fry for an extended time period because the paneer cubes would possibly turn into dense.
Place the pan fried paneer cubes on kitchen paper towels.
In the identical pan during which the paneer cubes had been pan fried there shall be some oil. So want so as to add any oil.
Add the chopped onions, capsicum, ginger, inexperienced chilies, garlic and celery. Combine properly and stir fry the veggies till the capsicum is half-cooked.
While the veggies are getting stir fried, in the identical bowl during which the paneer cubes had been combined, there shall be leftover corn starch & the spice powder combination.
You’ll solely get this dry combination if the paneer cubes had been dry. Add ¼ cup water and make a paste of the remaining corn starch & spice powder combination.
If the paneer cubes had been moist, then you will want to make a separate cornstarch paste. Dissolve 1 tablespoon corn starch with 3 tablespoon water.
Add soy sauce and tomato ketchup to the stir-fried veggies. Including 1.5 tbsp tomato ketchup make the dish candy. For an additional sweetness, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup may be added. Stir. You too can add about ½ teaspoon of sugar.
Then season with salt, crimson chili powder and black pepper. Add much less salt as each soy sauce, tomato sauce and the cornstarch paste we made, already has salt in them.
Add the cornstarch paste. Stir properly and permit to simmer on a medium warmth until the sauce thickens – about 1 to 2 minutes.
As soon as the manchurian sauce has thickened, then add the pan-fried paneer cubes.
Stir once more very properly in order that the sauce coats the paneer cubes evenly and change off warmth.
Lastly add rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar or common white vinegar. Stir. Test the style and add extra salt, soy sauce, vinegar or black pepper if required.
Serve dry paneer manchurian snack scorching garnished with celery or some spring onion greens. You too can garnish it with chopped coriander leaves or parsley.
Making Paneer Manchurian Gravy
Combine all of the elements for the paneer marinade. Add paneer to the marinade to the paneer. Toss the combination properly, in order that the paneer is properly coated with the marinade.
Make the cornstarch paste with water.
Shallow or deep fry the paneer cubes in scorching oil. Drain on paper napkins and hold apart.
Take away the additional oil from the wok or kadai and hold about 1 tablespoon of oil within the wok or pan. Or select to warmth 1 tablespoon oil in a contemporary pan or skillet.
When the oil turns into scorching add the onions. Stir fry the onions on medium to excessive warmth taking care that they do burn.
Let the onions turn into translucent.
Add the ginger, garlic, inexperienced chili and celery. Stir for some seconds or a minute.
Now add the capsicum if including them. Stir fry the capsicum additionally for two to three minutes.
Add all of the sauces, veg inventory or water. Stir properly and produce this combination to a simmer or gentle boil.
Add the cornstarch paste and blend evenly. Simmer till the sauce thickens and reaches your most well-liked consistency.
Now add the shallow fried paneer cubes, vinegar, pepper and salt. Stir and change off warmth.
Add the chopped spring onion greens and serve paneer manchurian gravy scorching with veg fried rice, steamed rice or veg noodles.
- Add the cornstarch paste slowly and carry on stirring whereas including it in order that lumps aren’t fashioned.
- In the event you wish to have extra gravy, you’ll clearly use extra water or inventory. So in proportion you’ll have to enhance the cornflour paste.
- The cornstarch is added to thicken to the gravy. If the gravy turns into too thick, then you may skinny it by including little water. You’ll be able to even add the paneer items straight as a substitute of frying them.
- Word that the servings and approximate diet information is for the dry paneer manchurian recipe.
Paneer Manchurian Recipe – Dry and Gravy
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 415 Energy from Fats 315
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 14g88%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 12g
Ldl cholesterol 55mg18%
Vitamin A 339IU7%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 22mg27%
Vitamin E 6mg40%
Vitamin Ok 5µg5%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 8µg2%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Paneer Manchurian recipe publish from the archives first printed in December 2014 has been republished and up to date on 14 Might, 2022.