There are various methods Coconut Ladoo (often known as Nariyal ke Laddu in Hindi) could be made. I share three scrumptious recipes. Put together these tasty melt-in-the-mouth sweets, serve them as a candy snack and watch them disappear in seconds.
Extra on Coconut Ladoo
Additionally referred to as as “Laddu”, these decadent treats are sometimes made throughout Hindu festivals and likewise supplied to the deities in temples.
Coconut laddu could be made in some ways. Right here I share three recipes for making them. These recipe strategies are totally different and makes use of distinctive elements apart from coconut. So the style and texture of the ladoo fluctuate and don’t style similar.
I’ve additionally shared a country and earthy recipe of coconut laddu made with jaggery popularly referred to as as Narkel Naru in Bengal.
Coconut Ladoo with Milkmaid
This coconut ladoo is a candy scrumptious crowd pleaser and is made with simply 3 elements!
This technique entails making the ladoo utilizing recent coconut, condensed milk (milkmaid) and cardamom powder. A bonus of this technique is that it’s fast, simple and nice for newcomers.
Prep and hold apart all of the elements earlier than you start cooking. For finest style and texture, I recommend so as to add freshly grated coconut. Although in a pinch you may decide to make use of frozen grated coconut or desiccated coconut.
To make laddu with desiccated coconut, I’ve included directions within the steps beneath.
- 1.5 cups of tightly packed recent grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder
- ½ can of sweetened condensed milk – 220 grams
- ⅓ cup recent grated coconut or unsweetened desiccated coconut
- most well-liked chopped nuts or dry fruits – non-compulsory
1. Warmth 1 teaspoon of ghee in a frying pan or kadai. You may also use coconut oil as an alternative of ghee.
2. Add 1.5 cups of tightly packed grated coconut.
3. Stir and sauté the coconut on low warmth for 3 to 4 minutes however make certain they don’t brown. Roasting removes the surplus moisture.
TIP 1: If you’re utilizing desiccated coconut then there isn’t a have to roast it in ghee. Merely combine the desiccated coconut with condensed milk (milkmaid) and warmth the combination.
TIP 2: Alternatively, if you’re utilizing frozen coconut then let it come to room temperature earlier than you begin to roast it.
Make Ladoo Combination
4. Now add ¾ cup of sweetened condensed milk.
5. Add ½ teaspoon of inexperienced cardamom powder.
6. Combine effectively and prepare dinner the combination on a low warmth.
7. The combination ought to start to thicken. Maintain stirring recurrently.
8. As soon as the combination leaves the perimeters of the pan and also you see some coconut fats on the sides, flip off the warmth.
9. Pour the coconut ladoo combination in one other bowl or pan and permit it to chill.
10. As soon as the combination has cooled fully, pinch medium balls from the combination and type ladoo.
Rub ghee on the palm of your arms and form the coconut ladoo. If the combination is free then you definately received’t be capable of make the ladoo.
TIP: If the combination is free then put it again within the pan and warmth it for just a few extra minutes.
11. Roll the ladoo in to the desiccated coconut or in recent coconut till it’s evenly coated.
12. You may also make all the coconut ladoo on the similar time and roll in them in desiccated coconut.
13. Place the coconut laddu in small muffin liners and place them in a tray. 14. Serve coconut ladoo right away or refrigerate for later.
Coconut ladoo could be refrigerated for two to three days. Maintain them lined in an air-tight container within the fridge.
Desiccated Coconut Ladoo
These are 2 Ingredient coconut ladoo made with a straightforward recipe. These delish ladoo are fairly fast to make. The two fundamental elements are desiccated coconut and milkmaid (sweetened condensed milk).
The recipe is ridiculously simple to place collectively and even a newbie could make this simply. The strategy is sweet for college kids or people who’re finding out or working exterior India and thus can have a good time Indian festivals by making fast and simple sweets like this ladoo recipe. Components like desiccated coconut and condensed milk are simply obtainable all over the place.
- 2.5 cups desiccated coconut powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk or milkmaid
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut, for coating on ladoo
The right way to make
1. Maintain a heavy bottomed pan or kadai on range prime. Add 1 tablespoon ghee and let it soften.
2. Maintain the flame to a low after which add 2.5 cups desiccated coconut powder.
3. On a low warmth sauté the coconut for 1 minute.
4. Then add 1 cup condensed milk.
5. Combine the condensed milk very effectively with the coconut.
6. On a low to medium-low warmth with nonstop stirring sauté the combination until it begins to depart sides of the pan.
7. Swap off the warmth when the combination has thickened and leaves the perimeters of pan. Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder. Combine very effectively.
9. Let the combination develop into heat or cool at room temperature. Then with a spoon, scoop out the ladoo combination.
10. Form into neat ladoo.
11. Make a spherical ladoo.
12. On a plate take 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut. Roll the ladoo in desiccated coconut.
13. Make all ladoo this fashion with the remaining combination. Scrape off all of the combination from the pan with a spoon and use them too to make ladoo.
Serve the ladoo as a candy. The remaining ladoo you may refrigerate and these keep good for about 10 to 12 days within the fridge.
Nariyal ke Laddu with Sugar Syrup
For this technique, you’ll need desiccated coconut, cardamom and sugar. That is my go-to recipe after I supply ladoo to Bhagwan Ganesha or another deity or for a spiritual event.
This nariyal ladoo is simple to make so long as you get 1 thread or an “ek taar” consistency within the sugar syrup. In case you overcook the sugar syrup past the 1 thread consistency, then the nariyal ke laddu will harden.
You may also select to taste nariyal ke laddu with cardamom powder, saffron or skip them altogether.
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut powder (unsweetened)
- ⅔ cup common sugar or uncooked sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder or 3 to 4 inexperienced cardamoms – husked and powdered in a mortar-pestle, non-compulsory
1. Combine ⅔ cup sugar with ½ cup water and dissolve it with a spoon. If there are impurities than pressure the sugar answer. Maintain the sugar answer on stove-top and on a low warmth simmer the answer.
2. The answer will begin to thicken and proceed to prepare dinner until you get the one thread consistency within the sugar syrup. This takes some minutes.
This can be a extremely popular syrup, so when checking for one thread consistency, cool the syrup in a spoon after which test.
3. After you get the one thread consistency within the syrup, change off the warmth. Add 1.5 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut powder. Additionally add ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder.
4. Be fast sufficient to stir the entire combination effectively.
5. Make small balls from the combination. You possibly can unfold some coconut oil or ghee in your palms earlier than making these ladoo. If the warmth is an excessive amount of too deal with, await just a few seconds until you might be comfy making the nariyal ke laddu.
The combination must be sizzling or heat whereas shaping. If the combination turns into chilly, then making the coconut ladoo is unimaginable.
If this occurs then return the pan or bowl on the the stove-top and barely heat the combination and proceed to make the coconut ladoo. Sprinkle some drops of water or milk if the combination seems too dry.
6. Expend all the coconut combination in making neat spherical balls. Serve the nariyal ke laddu as naivedyam or bhog to Lord Ganesha.
- Coconut: I like to make use of recent coconut for the primary recipe however you may simply substitute recent coconuts for desiccated coconut powder and obtain the identical outcomes. For the very best outcomes use good high quality desiccated coconut and ensure it’s not rancid.
- Batch: If you’ll want to feed a big crowd then be at liberty to double or triple these recipe. You may also half it if you’re serving much less individuals.
- Storage: Coconut ladoo made with condensed milk could be refrigerated for two to three days. Whereas coconut ladoo made with sugar could be refrigerated for greater than per week.
- Providing: If you’re planning to supply coconut ladoo to a deity, then it’s best to make the second coconut recipe with desiccated coconut powder and sugar.
- I’ve added cardamom powder in all of the three recipes for a pleasant aroma. Be happy to skip it in case you choose.
- Additionally, I’ve not added nuts or dry fruits in any of the recipe. However you may add any nuts or dry fruits that you just like.
- Within the recipes utilizing milkmaid or sweetened condensed milk, there isn’t a want so as to add any sugar as condensed milk offers sufficient sweetness. Although for a much less candy style, you may scale back the amount of sweetened condensed milk.
- The desiccated coconut used isn’t the grated or shredded dry coconut, however one in a powder type. Its additionally referred to as as desiccated coconut powder.
- Within the second recipe, ghee is non-compulsory to make use of and so is cardamom powder. If not utilizing ghee, then simply roast the desiccated coconut within the skillet or pan on a low warmth for a minute.
- Rolling the ladoo in desiccated coconut is non-compulsory and could be skipped.
When cooking the elements in a pan there shouldn’t be an excessive amount of moisture. If the combination is simply too moist then add it again to the pan and prepare dinner it for a bit longer to take away extra moisture. This could remove sogginess.
Sure, you need to use dry coconut (gari gola) however it’s important to grate it. Grating dried coconut isn’t simple and takes time. You’ll have to sauté the grated dry coconut for jiffy first and be sure you don’t brown them.
Coconut powder is coarsely floor dry coconut and usually has a semi-fine texture the place as desiccated coconut could be grated or shredded.
Sure, be at liberty to make use of khoya (mawa) or evaporated milk as an alternative of condensed milk. Alter the sugar as wanted.
Please be sure you price this recipe within the recipe card beneath if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Coconut Ladoo | Nariyal ke Laddu (3 Variations)
Make coconut ladoo with three recipes. The primary one is a fast 3 ingredient recipe made with recent coconut, milkmaid and cardamom powder. The second recipe has 2 elements – desiccated coconut and condensed milk. The third recipe is made with desiccated coconut and sugar.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 14 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
For recent coconut ladoo with milkmaid
For desiccated coconut laddu with condensed milk
For nariyal ke laddu with sugar syrup
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making Coconut Ladoo with milkmaid
Warmth ghee in a heavy frying pan or kadai. Maintain flame to a low.
Add 1.5 cups tightly packed coconut.
Stir and roast the coconut on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. The roasting is to simply do away with some moisture. Do not brown the coconut.
If utilizing desiccated coconut, then no have to roast it in ghee. Merely combine the desiccated coconut with condensed milk and warmth the combination.
Now add the sweetened condensed milk and cardamom powder.
Combine completely and prepare dinner this combination on a low warmth.
Once you see that the combination has begun to thicken, then hold stirring nonstop.
When the combination begins to depart the perimeters of the pan and whenever you see some coconut fats on the sides, change off the warmth.
Pour the ladoo combination in one other bowl or pan. Permit it to chill at room temperature.
When the combination has cooled fully, pinch small to medium balls from the combination and type ladoo.
Roll the coconut ladoo in desiccated coconut or in recent coconut evenly.
You may also make all of the ladoo without delay after which roll within the desiccated coconut.
Place them in small muffin liners or simply place them in a tray.
Serve coconut ladoo right away or refrigerate and serve them later.
This ladoo keep good for per week within the fridge.
Making desiccated coconut ladoo with condensed milk
Maintain a heavy bottomed pan or kadai on range prime. Add ghee and let it soften on a low warmth.
Conserving the warmth to a low add the desiccated coconut powder. Combine and sauté the for 1 minute.
Then add the condensed milk and blend it completely with the coconut.
On a low to medium-low warmth with non cease stirring sauté the combination until it begins to depart sides of pan. Then change off the warmth and add cardamom powder. Combine very effectively.
Let the combination develop into heat or cool at room temperature. With a spoon, scoop the ladoo combination and form in spherical balls.
In a plate unfold the desiccated coconut evenly. Roll every ladoo within the desiccated coconut. Make all ladoo this fashion. Scrape off all of the combination from the pan with a spoon and use them too to make ladoo.
Function a candy. Refrigerate any leftovers and these keep good for about 10 to 12 days within the fridge.
Making Nariyal ke Laddu with sugar syrup
Combine the sugar with the water and dissolve it. If there are impurities than pressure the sugar answer.
The sugar could be adjusted as per your candy likings. For a much less candy style you need to use ½ cup sugar and for a extra sweeter style use ¾ cup sugar.
Maintain the sugar answer on the stove-top and on a low warmth. Prepare dinner the answer. The answer will begin to thicken. Proceed to simmer until you get a one thread consistency within the sugar syrup.
Flip off the warmth and add the desiccated coconut powder and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup.
Shortly stir and make small balls from the combination. If the warmth is an excessive amount of too deal with, await a couple of minutes until you might be comfy in shaping the laddu.
The combination must be sizzling or heat whereas making the coconut laddu. If the combination turns into chilly, then shaping the ladoo is unimaginable. On this case, return the pan or bowl on the hearth and barely heat the combination and proceed to make the laddu.
Serve the nariyal ke laddu as naivedyam or bhog to Bhagwan Ganesha.
- Be happy so as to add your most well-liked alternative of nuts and dry fruits in any of the coconut ladoo recipe.
- Omit cardamom powder in case you choose.
- All of the three recipes could be scaled as much as make a big batch of coconut ladoo for festivals or non secular events.
- Word that the servings is for the coconut ladoo recipe made with milkmaid and recent coconut. The approximate vitamin data is for 1 coconut ladoo made with sweetened condensed milk.
Coconut Ladoo | Nariyal ke Laddu (3 Variations)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 100 Energy from Fats 54
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 5g31%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 6mg2%
Vitamin A 44IU1%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Okay 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 4µg1%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Coconut Ladoo submit from the archives first revealed on March 2015 has been republished and up to date on 12 Could 2022.