For those who like lemon, then you are going to love the brilliant, zesty recipe on this week’s episode of Alt-Baking Bootcamp. Within the episode, baker and vitamin coach Sashah Handal demos easy methods to make a scrumptious gut-healthy lemon chia bread recipe. Bonus: It is also gluten-free (however you would not realize it from the style).
Two issues that make these loaves so good in your intestine: the gluten-free all-purpose flour and the chia seeds. “The mixture of flours [called for] are already good and high in fiber, and so they’re full of excellent carbohydrates,” Handal says, explaining that the fiber-rich flours each increase your digestive system and assist maintain you energized. She makes use of Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour within the recipe, which is a mix of rice flours, potato starch, entire grain sorghum flour, and tapioca flour. “They’ve accomplished all the tedious work of discovering out which ratios of which gluten-free flowers work finest collectively,” Handal says. And since it already accommodates xanthan gum—which acts as a binder for gluten-free flours—all it’s important to do is measure and add to your recipe. That is it: Zero guesswork, experimentation, or fussy substances required.
However the dietary worth of this dreamy loaf recipe would not cease there. “The advantages of chia seeds go on and on and on,” Handal says. For starters, they’re full of longevity-boosting omega-3s, together with protein and fiber. Chia seeds carry vital textural elements to the desk, too; they add each a slight crunch to the bread in addition to assist bind the moist and dry substances within the dough collectively. “Chia seeds are so cool. They will take up 9 occasions their weight,” Handal provides. “So everytime you get a chia seed pudding otherwise you put it in your smoothie, it simply turns into like this extra filler in the easiest way potential.”
Able to bake? Press play on the video to get the total recipe, and observe alongside beneath.
Intestine-healthy, gluten-free lemon chia bread recipe
For the loaf:
1 3/4 cup 1:1 gluten-free flour, sifted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nice sea salt
3 lemons, zested
1 cup cane sugar
1/3 cup cashew yogurt
1/3 cup oat milk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup olive oil
2-3 tbsp chia seeds
For the glaze:
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with impartial oil or cooking spray.
2. Mix the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl and sift properly.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest and sugar collectively till it appears like moist sand. Add yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and eggs to the sugar combination and whisk properly. Lastly, stir within the olive oil and chia seeds, and gently mix the moist and dry substances collectively.
5. Bake for about one hour, or till the middle is totally set.
6. In the meantime, put together the glaze by whisking collectively the remaining lemon juice and the sifted powdered sugar till a thick glaze varieties.
7. Take away the loaf from the oven and let it cool on a baking rack. Drizzle the glaze over your loaf whereas nonetheless heat and permit your loaf to chill fully earlier than slicing.
Oh hello! You appear like somebody who loves free exercises, reductions for cutting-edge wellness manufacturers, and unique Nicely+Good content material. Sign up for Well+, our on-line group of wellness insiders, and unlock your rewards immediately.