- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (minced)
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optionally available)
- 2 kilos floor beef
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth (or 2 cups water)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (raw)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Warmth olive oil in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high warmth. Add the onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or till beginning to soften and switch translucent. Add the bell pepper and cook dinner for 3-4 minutes, stirring usually. Add the garlic and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Cut back warmth to medium and add the salt, pepper, and paprika to the mirepoix. Combine effectively.
- Add the bottom beef to the pot. Use a wood spatula to interrupt aside the bottom meat into small crumbles. Stir continuously and proceed to cook dinner till meat is browned.
- Add the Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Combine effectively to mix. Stir within the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and produce to a simmer. Add the bay leaves, cowl, and cut back warmth to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, often stirring to forestall burning.
- Stir within the broth and elbow macaroni, cowl, and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till noodles are cooked to al dente. Stir each couple of minutes to forestall the noodles from sticking to the underside of the pot.
- Take away from warmth and stir within the shredded cheese. Garnish with recent chopped parsley, if desired.
Submitted by: Jessica Randhawa, head chef, recipe creator, photographer and author behind The Forked Spoon.
Why we find it irresistible: “American Goulash is a simple, one-pot meal made with floor beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles that’s certain to please for a yummy weeknight dinner,” Randhawa stated.