My simple recipe for Roasted Tomato Soup is an all-time favourite. With simply 5 elements, 5 minutes of prep, and a mere half-hour of cook dinner time, you may have this beautiful, deeply flavored bowl of goodness able to serve. This yummy sheet pan tomato soup additionally occurs to be each vegan and gluten free, making it excellent for almost any eating regimen!
About This Recipe
When you strive making this tremendous easy roasted tomato soup, I’ve a sense you’ll by no means once more purchase it from a can. The intense, recent taste of tomatoes is solely incomparable! And with such a brief ingredient checklist, that is the right soup recipe for even probably the most novice house cook dinner.
Contemporary tomatoes are sliced and roasted within the oven with some garlic and olive oil. The roasted garlic and tomatoes are then puréed with any gathered juices, seasoned with a splash of salt and pepper, and voila! the soup is able to serve.
Roasting the tomatoes concentrates their pure sugars and lends a heat, earthy taste you gained’t get in my common and basic Tomato Soup recipe. Since there are so few elements concerned, this added step makes a huge effect!
Maybe the very best half concerning the recipe is that you simply don’t even need to cook dinner it on the stovetop. The one dishes you’ll soiled are a parchment lined sheet pan, your blender, and a reducing board. Even cleanup is a snap with this straightforward recipe.
This roasted tomato soup might be served as a lightweight lunch (maybe with a easy facet salad or piece of baguette), or as a wholesome, simple weeknight dinner. I hope you find it irresistible as a lot as I do!
This roasted tomato soup recipe is customized from the Ehow web site.
Methods to make Roasted Tomato Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C/356 °F for 10 minutes.
Totally rinse 4 to five giant tomatoes (530 to 550 grams), then slice the tomatoes and place them on a baking tray.
Professional Tip: Line your sheet pan with parchment paper for a fast and painless cleanup.
Add 6 to 7 medium garlic cloves (chopped) to within the tray.
Observe: If you don’t desire a garlicky taste, be happy to skip the garlic or cut back the amount used.
2. Evenly drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the tomatoes.
3. Roast within the preheated oven at 180 levels °C/356 °F for 25 to half-hour, or till the tomatoes have shrunk in dimension and turn out to be golden.
Mix Roasted Tomatoes
4. When the roasted tomatoes are cool sufficient to deal with (however nonetheless fairly scorching), add them in a blender together with the garlic, the juices and oil from the tray.
5. Add some crushed black pepper (½ to 1 teaspoon, or to style), salt as wanted and sugar ( ¼ teaspoon, or in response to style) within the blender.
Observe: Including sugar is used for balancing out the acidity of the tomatoes, so the quantity you want relies on the sweetness of tomatoes. If the tomatoes are candy, then you definately may not want so as to add any sugar.
6. Add ¼ to ½ cup of very heat or barely scorching water, relying on whether or not you like a thicker or extra medium consistency.
NOTE: if the tomatoes are very juicy, then you definately may not want so as to add any heat water.
7. Mix to a easy purée. Test the seasonings and add extra black pepper, sugar or salt if required.
8. Pour the soup in serving bowls, then garnish as desired with a sprinkle of some crushed black pepper or herbs like mint, basil or cilantro. Serve roasted tomato soup heat or chilled.
If desired you may flippantly warmth the soup earlier than serving. The recipe serves 2, however will also be elevated proportionately to 4 or 6 servings.
So far as I’m involved, soups are completely acceptable as a standalone meal choice. Nonetheless, there are many pairs that play good with this roasted tomato soup:
This delightfully cozy roasted tomato soup is ideal for serving any time of 12 months. Serve it heat in fall and winter, or chilled within the hotter months. There are additionally loads of methods you can also make this your personal. Listed below are just a few concepts to get you began:
- Garnish with recent herbs like mint, parsley, cilantro, or basil.
- Add a little bit of richness with some cream (or coconut cream, in case you’re vegan).
- Add crunchy croutons or melty cheese as a topper, or use each to channel “tomato soup and grilled cheese” vibes.
- For extra umami-ness, add in a handful of chopped button mushrooms to the tomatoes and roast them collectively.
- Make it spicy by roasting a chili or two alongside the tomatoes. (NOTE: The compound that makes chiles “scorching” is primarily situated within the seeds and stems. Be happy to regulate the warmth of your soup by eradicating them in case you desire.)
If you happen to provide you with a scrumptious mixture I ought to find out about, let me know within the feedback under!
Nope! Since every little thing is getting blended collectively, there isn’t a have to trouble with this added step.
I recommend you go for “meaty” tomatoes like romas, plums, or beefsteaks.
Completely. Go for entire tomatoes, and save their saucy juice. You’ll nonetheless need to roast the tomatoes themselves, however the added liquid element from the can can substitute among the water within the recipe.
Roasted Tomato Soup
With simply 5 elements, 5 minutes of prep, and a mere half-hour of cook dinner time, you may have this beautiful, deeply flavored bowl of goodness able to serve. This yummy sheet pan tomato soup additionally occurs to be each vegan and gluten free, making it excellent for almost any eating regimen!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 30 minutes
Complete Time 35 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse the tomatoes in water first for just a few occasions in a colander or strainer.
Preheat oven at 180 °C/356 °F for 10 minutes.
Slice the tomatoes into medium to medium-thick slices and place them in a baking tray in a single layer.
For a fast clear up line your baking tray with a parchment
Add chopped garlic within the tray.
Drizzle the olive oil evenly on the tomatoes.
Roast in a preheated oven at 180 °C/356 °F for 25 to half-hour or until the tomatoes have shrunk in dimension and look golden.
Making roasted tomato soup
When the roasted tomatoes are barely scorching or heat, add them in a blender together with the garlic and all of the juices and oil from the tray.
Add crushed black pepper, salt as wanted and sugar to the blender.
Add heat or barely scorching water and mix to a advantageous and easy puree. If the soup appears to be like thick to you add some extra water.
If you happen to desire, you may switch the soup in a saucepan and warmth it flippantly on the stovetop.
Pour the soup in serving bowls.
Garnish with recent mint leaves, basil or cilantro or high with some grated cheese or cream. You can even place some bread croutons on high of the soup.
Serve roasted tomato soup heat or chilled.
- The addition of heat water is non-compulsory. If the tomatoes are juicy, then you definately don’t want so as to add any heat water.
- Once more including sugar rely upon the sweetness of tomatoes. If the tomatoes are candy, then you definately don’t want so as to add any sugar.
- The recipe is definitely scalable and might be doubled or tripled.
- Greatest is to make use of ripe pink tomatoes in order that you find yourself with an especially bitter tasting soup.
Roasted Tomato Soup
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 135
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g13%
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 10g
Vitamin A 2220IU44%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 2mg10%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 37mg45%
Vitamin E 3mg20%
Vitamin Ok 33µg31%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 40µg10%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This roasted tomato soup submit from the weblog archives first printed in September 2012 has been republished and up to date on 20 January 2022.