Ohana Vineyard’s Zoe Younger is at all times on the lookout for one thing straightforward and attractive to throw within the sluggish cooker within the mornin, so dinner will likely be ready for her later that day.
One of many her absolute favourites is a cider braised pulled pork created with a few of her scrumptious Cheeky Tiki Dry Apple Cider.
“It is extremely straightforward to whip up and so versatile to serve, plus there’s at all times heaps of leftovers to pop within the freezer or get pleasure from for the remainder of the week,” Zoe mentioned.
“We love piling the pork onto recent bread rolls with an enormous spoonful of creamy vinegar-y slaw – but it surely’s equally tasty paired with a inexperienced salad and grilled cob of corn, as a scrumptious filling for tacos or burritos or piled excessive over corn chips as nachos.”
You will have:
- 1 pork shoulder (2kg is an efficient dimension, bone-out)
- 2 stubbies of Cheeky Tiki dry cider
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon floor coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix the spice rub elements collectively in a small bowl
- Rub combine everywhere in the pork shoulder
- Gently place pork shoulder within the sluggish cooker, pores and skin facet up.
- Add one and a half stubbies of dry Cheeky Tiki Cider. You possibly can at all times add the additional half a stubby later when you really feel it wants extra.
- Set the sluggish cooker to low and go away it alone for 8+ hours.
- While you’re almost able to eat, use some tongs to peel off the pork pores and skin and discard. Fastidiously get out the remaining pork roast (it needs to be falling aside) and place right into a bowl. Utilizing two forks, shred the meat and have a style.
- Fastidiously pour the cider braising liquid right into a jug and save this for later.
- Add the shredded pork again into the sluggish cooker. Add a few of the braising liquid again into the pork till it appears moist and juicy.
- Serve it up on recent bakery bread rolls with some creamy slaw and a drizzle of barbecue sauce
Different recipes: QCWA Bundaberg ginger beer cupcakes