With solely 4 principal components, this recipe comes collectively very quickly, and you may serve it solo or atop some crunchy lettuce, salad-style. When you’re actually brief on time, use a bottled balsamic or Italian dressing. Kidney beans are an underused ingredient, however they’re a dietary powerhouse. With 8 g of fiber per ½ cup and 15 p.c of your day by day iron requirement, per the USDA, this vegan recipe is certain to be a favourite of herbivores and omnivores alike.
Serves 2 for dinner with leftovers for 2 lunches
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 pound campari tomatoes, diced
- 1 purple bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp purple wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, seeds eliminated, finely minced
- ¼ cup contemporary cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly floor black pepper
- In a big bowl, mix kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively dressing components.
- Pour dressing over bean combination and gently toss to mix. Refrigerate till serving.
Diet per serving: 250 cal, 8g fats (1g sat fats), 9g protein, 38g carbs, 8g fiber, 9g sugar (1g added), 240mg sodium
Lunch 5: Fast Veggie Quesadilla
Quesadillas are historically excessive in energy, fats, and saturated fat. However on this recipe, veggies take heart stage as a substitute of cheese.
- 2 whole-wheat taco-size tortillas
- ½ Cowboy Caviar recipe (see above)
- ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Place a rimmed baking sheet within the oven whereas it preheats.
- Fastidiously place tortillas on preheated baking seat. Divide Cowboy Caviar and cheese between them, fold every tortilla in half, and return to oven.
- Bake till tortillas turn into barely crispy, about 8 minutes. Take away from the oven, slice, and serve.
Diet per serving: 500 cal, 21g fats (6g sat fats), 18g protein, 63g carbs, 10g fiber, 11g sugar (3g added), 810mg sodium