A shocking important or aspect dish, this entire roasted cauliflower is tender, scrumptious, and easy to make. A fast harissa sauce provides daring taste.
Let’s make an entire roasted cauliflower! This veggie “roast” may be my all-time favourite dish to make for a cocktail party or a vacation meal. It’s easy (the oven does many of the give you the results you want!), it could cross as a important dish for some people and as a aspect for others, and it seems so spectacular on the heart of the desk.
And this entire roasted cauliflower recipe doesn’t disappoint on style both. Due to an extended, two-part roast, it’s superbly browned on the skin and meltingly tender to its core. I’ve included directions for roasting it plain within the recipe card beneath, however you even have the choice of dressing it up with the colourful, harissa-based sauce pictured right here. This sauce is fast and simple to stir collectively, and it provides wealthy, earthy, smoky taste to the entire roasted cauliflower. I believe you’ll find it irresistible!
Entire Roasted Cauliflower Recipe Elements
Very first thing’s first: to make this entire roasted cauliflower recipe, you’ll want a cauliflower! Select a medium-sized one weighing about 2 kilos. A barely smaller or bigger cauliflower head can even work effective, however notice that you simply’ll want to regulate the baking time accordingly.
If you wish to roast it plain, you’ll want olive oil to assist it soften and brown within the oven and salt and pepper for seasoning it.
In the event you’re making the sauce, you’ll additionally want these elements:
- Gentle harissa – I just like the Mina harissa model.
- Floor cumin – For earthy, savory taste.
- Smoked paprika – For smokiness.
- Dried thyme – It provides recent, woodsy, citrusy taste.
- And purple pepper flakes – For warmth.
Both method, you’ll need lemon wedges and recent cilantro for serving.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
The right way to Make a Entire Roasted Cauliflower
Yow will discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath, however right here’s a fast overview of the method:
- First, make the sauce. It’s tremendous easy to stir collectively! Skip this step in case you’re making the plain model.
- Subsequent, put together the cauliflower. Take away any powerful outer leaves, and use a pointy knife to fastidiously lower off the underside of the stem in order that the cauliflower sits flat. Place it in a cast-iron skillet and brush with 1/3 of the sauce. In the event you’re making the plain model, rub the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Now for roast half 1. Cowl the skillet with foil and roast at 425°F for half-hour.
- And roast half 2. Take away the foil from the skillet. In the event you’re making the plain model, drizzle the cauliflower with extra olive oil at this level. Both method, roast for one more half-hour, or till the cauliflower is tender within the center.
- Season and serve. In the event you’re making the sauce model, take away the cauliflower from the oven and brush it with half the remaining sauce. Minimize into wedges and serve with squeezes of lemon juice, recent herbs, and the remaining sauce. In the event you made the plain model, serve the roasted cauliflower head with a sauce of your selection! Discover some ideas within the ideas beneath.
Entire Roasted Cauliflower Recipe Suggestions and Variations
- Use a two-part roast. This method is vital for getting the roasted entire cauliflower tender inside and browned on the skin. Roast it for half-hour lined, then uncover it and roast till the middle is tender, for about one other half-hour. Notice that the precise timing will range relying in your oven and the dimensions of your cauliflower.
- Add extra sauce after baking. It provides the cauliflower a stunning shiny look and provides daring taste. Serve with extra sauce on the aspect!
- Experiment with a distinct taste profile. I really like the harissa sauce I like to recommend right here, however you possibly can take this entire roasted cauliflower in loads of different instructions. Make the plain recipe, and serve slices with drizzles of turmeric tahini sauce or dollops of romesco sauce, recent parsley, and toasted almonds. It’d be glorious with pesto, roasted tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts too.
- Make it a meal. In the event you’re serving this entire roasted cauliflower at Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, you’ll doubtless have loads of aspect dishes to spherical out the meal. However you may as well make this entire roasted cauliflower a satisfying vegan important dish by itself. Plate wedges over herb-flecked farro and high them off with roasted chickpeas, or serve them on high of a swoosh of hummus or white bean dip. These bean-based spreads will add scrumptious creamy texture and a lift of protein to this plant-based recipe. Take pleasure in!
Extra Veggie Primary Dish Recipes
In the event you love roasting a whole head of cauliflower(!), strive one among these veggie entrees subsequent:
Entire Roasted Cauliflower
This entire roasted cauliflower recipe is a scrumptious plant-based important or aspect dish! I provide two variations right here. You possibly can roast the cauliflower in a flavorful harissa sauce, or you possibly can roast it plain (see the notes beneath). For both choice, discover serving ideas within the submit above.
- 1 medium cauliflower, about 2 kilos, powerful outer leaves eliminated
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for squeezing
- Contemporary cilantro, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine collectively the harissa, olive oil, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt, and purple pepper flakes.
Slice the underside of the core off the cauliflower in order that it sits flat. Place the cauliflower in a forged iron skillet and brush the cauliflower with ⅓ of the sauce. Cowl the skillet with foil and roast for half-hour. Uncover and roast for 30 extra minutes, or till the cauliflower is fork-tender within the center.
Take away from the oven and brush with half the remaining sauce. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze with lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro, slice into quarters, and serve with the remaining sauce on the aspect.
**For the model with no sauce, slice the underside of the core off the cauliflower in order that it sits flat. Place the cauliflower in a forged iron skillet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon sea salt. Use your palms to coat. Cowl the skillet with foil and roast for half-hour. Uncover, drizzle with one other 2 tablespoons olive oil, and roast for 30 extra minutes, or till the cauliflower is golden brown on the skin and fork-tender within the center.