Should you’re searching for a scrumptious, hearty aspect dish that the entire household will love, cowboy beans are the reply! A wide range of beans are simmered along with applewood smoked bacon, garlic, chopped onions, and floor beef, all in a tangy barbecue sauce!
Cowboy beans are so flavorful and hearty. They’re good for potlucks and barbecues as soon as summer season rolls round! A number of extra comparable recipes to strive are these tried and true baked beans, bean stew, and my insanely good crockpot chili!
Cowboy Beans Recipe
Should you haven’t tried cowboy beans earlier than, you’re in for a deal with. This hearty aspect is like an elevated model of baked beans. It’s made with each kidney and cannellini beans for the right texture, after which loaded with applewood bacon, diced onion, garlic, floor beef, and pork. Mixed with the thick, flavorful sauce, these cowboy beans are a knockout aspect. Your family and friends will go loopy over them!
I would like to only take a minute to speak about this sauce, although. It’s to die for! I used Candy Child Ray’s barbecue sauce as a base, however then jazzed it up with mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar for the right tangy taste. You’re going to need to lick your bowl clear. Strive these cowboy beans out to your subsequent household get-together! I promise they received’t disappoint.
What Are Cowboy Beans Made Of?
The mixture of all of those substances is divine. What actually makes cowboy beans stand out is the savory, tangy taste that it has, plus it’s stuffed with floor beef and bacon. You possibly can’t go fallacious with bacon! See the recipe card under for precise measurements.
- Bacon: I used thick-cut applewood bacon. It simply has the most effective taste! It’s good for including to a hearty aspect dish like cowboy beans.
- Diced Onion: I used a yellow onion right here. Yellow onions are sharp however delicate, good for including to savory aspect dishes.
- Minced Garlic: Use recent garlic if you happen to can! It’ll give your cowboy beans the most effective taste.
- Floor Beef: I used lean floor beef. You may also swap this out for floor pork and even floor turkey if you’d like a leaner model of this dish.
- Seasonings: I used a mixture of chili powder and salt and pepper so as to add a little bit warmth and increase the flavour of the beans.
- Canned Pork and Beans: We often have a variety of these within the pantry. This cowboy beans recipe is nice for utilizing them up!
- Beans: For the most effective texture, I take advantage of each canned cannellini beans and kidney beans right here.
- Barbecue Sauce: I used Candy Child Ray’s. You may also make some from scratch to customise the flavour! Discover my full recipe here.
- Extra Sauces: What actually makes these cowboy beans scrumptious (in my view) is the flavorful sauce! It’s the right mix of savory and tangy. Along with barbecue sauce, I added ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
Let’s Get Cooking!
I like cowboy beans as a result of it’s such a simple aspect to make. When you’ve cooked up your bacon, all you must do is mix all your substances and throw them within the oven for 45 minutes! As a result of it’s so hands-off, you possibly can take that point to make some tasty homemade cornbread to finish the meal!
- Preheat Oven, Prepare dinner Bacon: Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a big Dutch oven or heavy backside pot add the bacon and prepare dinner till crisp. Take away with a slotted spoon.
- Prepare dinner Diced Onion: Go away some bacon grease within the backside and add the onion. Prepare dinner till virtually tender.
- Prepare dinner Floor Beef: Add within the garlic and floor beef. Prepare dinner and crumble floor beef till now not pink. Drain extra grease.
- Add Remaining Components: Add in chili powder, salt, pepper, pork and beans, cannellini beans, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and stir simply till integrated.
- Bake and Serve: Bake within the oven for 45 minutes.
Can I Make Cowboy Beans within the Gradual Cooker?
Sure! It’s really easy! You’re going to like having these cowboy baked beans to come back house to. Merely prepare dinner your bacon, floor beef, and diced onion, then add to a crock pot with the opposite substances and prepare dinner on excessive for 3 hours or on low for five.
Cowboy beans are the right aspect dish for any season. They’re heat, hearty and comforting within the winter, but in addition nice for summer season cookouts! Listed below are a number of additional taste additions to customise your beans with.
- Add in Beans: The extra sorts of beans, the merrier! Be happy so as to add in white beans, black beans, pinto beans, or garbanzo beans. They add such an excellent texture!
- Make it Sweeter: Cowboy beans are completely scrumptious with a little bit sweetness. Be happy so as to add in brown sugar, honey, or molasses to style!
- Add Smoky Taste: If you’d like your cowboy beans to have smoky taste, strive including in a tablespoon of liquid smoke!
Storing Leftover Cowboy Beans
Cowboy beans are nice for leftovers. They make the right fast and straightforward lunch to warmth up within the microwave!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer cowboy beans in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer in an hermetic freezer bag for 3-4 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a big dutch oven or heavy backside pot add the bacon and prepare dinner till crisp. Take away with a slotted spoon.
Go away some bacon grease within the backside and add the onion. Prepare dinner till virtually tender.
Add within the garlic and floor beef and prepare dinner and crumble floor beef till now not pink. Drain extra grease.
Add in chili powder, salt, pepper, pork and beans, cannellini beans, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and stir simply till integrated.
Bake within the oven for 45 minutes.
Energy822kcal (41%)Carbohydrates91g (30%)Protein46g (92%)Fats33g (51%)Saturated Fats12g (60%)Polyunsaturated Fats5gMonounsaturated Fats14gTrans Fats0.5gLdl cholesterol124mg (41%)Sodium3179mg (132%)Potassium1616mg (46%)Fiber15g (60%)Sugar32g (36%)Vitamin A939IU (19%)Vitamin C10mg (12%)Calcium193mg (19%)Iron8mg (44%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.