An excessive amount of turkey and stuffing overload is not an issue for many who like Thanksgiving leftovers. Chef Eric LeVine, accomplice at 317 Foremost restaurant in Farmingdale, has these recipes for a recent twist:
Stuffing Truffles with Roasted Mushrooms
For stuffing muffins:
2 cups leftover stuffing
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 skinny slices pancetta
1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
1 tablespoon kosher salt
6 eggs, at room temperature
1. Place the stuffing in a big bowl, breaking apart any massive clumps. Add the eggs and breadcrumbs and stir to mix, ensuring all the stuffing is evenly coated with the eggs.
2. Scoop 1/3 cup of the stuffing into your fingers and form right into a patty, about 3-inches broad and 1/2-inch thick. Repeat to make 6 stuffing muffins.
3. Warmth the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high warmth and prepare dinner the muffins, two at a time till golden brown, 2 to three minutes per facet. Switch to a paper-towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining muffins. Loosely cowl with foil to maintain the muffins heat.
1 1/2 kilos cremini mushrooms
4 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
Chopped recent chives or parsley, for serving (non-obligatory)
1. Prepare a rack in the course of the oven and warmth the oven to 450°F.
2. Trim and quarter 1 1/2 kilos cremini mushrooms and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Smash and peel 4 garlic cloves and add them to the baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and unfold out in a single layer.
3. Roast, tossing midway by, till the mushrooms are tender and caramelized, 18 to twenty minutes complete. Take away from the oven, drizzle with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped recent chives or parsley
Add roasted mushrooms on high of stuffing cake and high with a fried egg.
Turkey bucatini pasta
2½ teaspoons kosher salt
¾ pound bucatini or gluten-free noodles
½ cup (1 stick) + 2 tablespoons salted butter
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup panko or gluten-free panko
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoons floor nutmeg
½ teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
1½ cups heavy whipping cream, room temperature
2 cups freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
2 cups cubed leftover turkey
¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley, for serving
1. Fill a big pot with 4 quarts of water and add 2 teaspoons of the salt. Convey to a boil over excessive warmth. Add the bucatini and prepare dinner till al dente in response to the bundle directions. Drain.
2. In the meantime, warmth a small dry skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the almonds and toast, about 4-5 minutes. Switch the almonds to a small bowl. In the identical skillet, soften 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high warmth till scorching. Add the panko and prepare dinner, stirring, till golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Switch the panko to a separate small bowl.
3. Soften the remaining ½ cup of butter in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. When the butter begins to sizzle, add the garlic, garlic powder, nutmeg, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, stirring, till the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute.
4. Regularly stir within the heavy cream and produce to a simmer. Add the Grana Padano and stir till totally included, about 2 minutes. Scale back the warmth to low and prepare dinner till thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir within the turkey and proceed cooking till warmed by.
5. Take away the pan from warmth. Add the bucatini and toss to coat.
To serve, divide the pasta amongst 4 bowls, sprinkle with toasted panko, almonds, and parsley.
Ham croquet recipe
4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 cup entire milk room temperature
1 cup all-purpose flour divided
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper to style
1 tablespoon dry cooking wine (vino seco)
1 pound floor ham* (see observe)
2 massive eggs room temperature
1 cup bread crumbs (or finely floor saltine crackers)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a saucepan, soften butter at medium-low warmth. Add onion and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
2. Slowly whisk in milk, 1/3 cup of flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Proceed to whisk till it turns into a really thick sauce (a roux).
3. Add within the cooking wine and floor ham to the sauce. Combine collectively slowly till mixed. Scale back warmth to low and let simmer for five minutes.
4. Switch the filling to a bowl. Let it relaxation at room temperature then refrigerate for two hours or in a single day (the longer the higher). The combination has to harden in an effort to kind into logs and coat evenly. If this step is skipped, will probably be very laborious to kind logs, coat with the breading, and fry.
5. Take away the filling from the fridge. Type logs from the combination straight from the fridge. It is OK if they’re chilly, will probably be simpler to kind the logs this manner. You need the logs to be roughly 3″ lengthy and 1″ broad. If the combination is sticky as you are making the logs, add bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the combination till it is now not sticky.
6. Proceed forming the logs till you’ve all of the croquette logs completed then place them again within the fridge to agency up as soon as once more, about half-hour.**
7. To bread the croquette logs, you need to arrange a breading station. In a single bowl, whisk eggs and put aside. In one other bowl, combine the remaining flour and bread crumbs.
8. Take away the logs from the fridge. Dip every croquette log within the egg wash after which coat in breadcrumb/flour combination. Repeat with each till they’re all breaded. Let the croquettes relaxation at room temperature for five minutes earlier than frying.
9. In a big pot or pan, warmth sufficient vegetable oil to cowl the croquettes fully. Fry every croquette till golden brown, roughly 3-4 minutes. Do not crowd the pot an excessive amount of as you might be frying. It will assist all of them get evenly cooked.
Candy potato risotto
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 massive onion, finely chopped
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 small candy potatoes (about 1 pound), lower into 1/4-inch items
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
½ cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
2 teaspoons chopped recent oregano
1. Warmth the oil in a big saucepan over medium warmth. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till gentle, 3 to five minutes.
2. Add the candy potatoes and garlic and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, for 1 minute.
3. Add the rice and prepare dinner, stirring, for two minutes. Add the wine and prepare dinner, stirring often, till absorbed.
4. Measure 3½ cups of water. Add ¾ cup at a time and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes and ready till every addition is absorbed earlier than including the subsequent. It ought to take 25 to half-hour for all of the water to be absorbed.
5. Stir within the Parmesan and oregano.
Broccoli casserole frittata
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
3 ½ cups broccoli florets
¼ teaspoon crushed pink pepper
8 massive eggs
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, warmth 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the garlic and prepare dinner over reasonably excessive warmth for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and crushed pink pepper and prepare dinner for 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water, season with salt and pepper and canopy. Prepare dinner over reasonable warmth till the broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 minutes; let cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon every of salt and black pepper. Stir within the broccoli. Return the skillet to the stovetop and warmth the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour within the eggs and prepare dinner over reasonably low warmth till set across the edge, 3 minutes. Sprinkle the frittata with the cheese. Switch the skillet to the oven and bake the frittata till the middle is simply set, about 12 minutes. Serve heat or at room temperature.