Years in the past, an expensive pal named Kim ran a web site and app referred to as Cook dinner IT Allergy Free. Kim has since moved extra intensively into holistic vitamin, however we nonetheless have a few of her fantastic recipes! She is a Celiac skilled and superb grain-free baker, as evidenced by these wholesome dairy-free gluten-free cranberry banana muffins.
These Cranberry Banana Muffins are Naturally Freed from Dairy, Gluten, and Grains
Kim’s recipe was buried in our information part, so I’ve up to date it and given it a everlasting house in our recipe part. I even have a couple of fast ingredient suggestions.
- Almond Flour: For essentially the most seamless grain-free muffins, Kim makes use of tremendous advantageous almond flour. This can be a finer grind than almond meal and than normal almond flour. It’s made with blanched almonds and has extra of a powdery really feel. There are a number of manufacturers in the marketplace that qualify as tremendous advantageous, together with Bob’s Red Mill, Blue Diamond, and Nature’s Eats.
- Cranberries: Kim makes use of each dried (sweetened) and contemporary cranberries for candy tart distinction. You should use 2/3 cup of only one sort, however bear in mind that the style will likely be extra candy or tart, relying on which one you used.
- Sweetener: Honey enhances the opposite flavors in these cranberry banana muffins so effectively, however you’ll be able to substitute one other liquid sweetener, like agave nectar, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup, if most well-liked. In the event you go for a sugar-free liquid sweetener, the feel might be negatively affected.
- Eggs: Separating the eggs and whipping the whites provides additional raise and lightness to those cranberry banana muffins. The egg whites whip higher if dropped at room temperature first. In the event you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone! See this submit: Are Eggs Dairy?
Particular Food plan Notes: Cranberry Banana Muffins
By elements, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Additionally it is paleo if the sugar topping is omitted.
Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Cranberry Banana Muffins
Recipe sort: Breakfast
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 room temperature eggs, separated
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 cups tremendous advantageous almond flour (like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecans, or walnuts, finely chopped (non-obligatory)
- ⅓ cup contemporary cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, for topping (non-obligatory)
- Place the dried cranberries in a small bowl and canopy with water. Let sit for half-hour to hydrate.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey with electrical mixer. Add the egg yolks and proceed to combine till blended Add the bananas and blend till mashed and integrated.
- In one other giant bowl, whisk collectively almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the almond flour combination to moist elements in your mixing bowl and blend on low velocity till simply integrated. Don’t over combine.
- Fold within the pecans or walnuts (if utilizing) and dried and contemporary cranberries till simply mixed.
- In a clear mixing bowl, beat the egg whites till delicate peaks type. Gently fold the whites into your batter till simply integrated.
- Spoon the batter into your ready muffin cups, filling solely ⅔ of the best way full – don’t over-fill.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over every muffin for topping, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 23 minutes, till a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clear and the tops are golden.
Serving dimension: 1 muffin Energy: 248 Fats: 19.2g Saturated fats: 2.1g Carbohydrates: 16.5g Sugar: 11.8g Sodium: 223mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 4.9g