Discover ways to make good roasted eggplant! Tender within the center and caramelized on the sides, it is scrumptious as a aspect dish, in pastas, and extra.
This roasted eggplant recipe is so tasty that you simply would possibly end up devouring it straight off the baking sheet. Sure, eggplant skeptics – even you. The factor about cooking eggplant is that it’s simple to get flawed. Underdo it, and it’s spongy and difficult. Overdo it, and it turns to mush. However get it good, and eggplant is among the most flavorful greens on the market.
This roasted eggplant recipe is an excellent easy method to get eggplant proper. It comes out of the oven superbly caramelized and golden brown across the edges and melt-in-your-mouth tender within the center. It’s just about foolproof, particularly with my suggestions and tips beneath, and it’s actually versatile. Serve it as a aspect dish with recent herbs and lemon, add it to a salad, or toss it with pasta. Upon getting this roasted eggplant recipe in your again pocket, you’ll by no means run out of the way to make use of it.
Roasted Eggplant Recipe Suggestions
This roasted eggplant recipe couldn’t be less complicated: chop up an eggplant, toss it with olive oil and salt, and roast it within the oven till it’s tender and golden brown. Straightforward, proper? Sure!
However earlier than you begin cooking, listed below are just a few further suggestions that will help you nail this roasted eggplant recipe each time:
- Minimize the eggplant into evenly sized items. Undercooked eggplant and overcooked eggplant are nobody’s mates. To avoid them, lower your eggplant into evenly sized items. That means, they’ll all prepare dinner at the same price within the oven. You don’t need small items to burn earlier than bigger ones are tender!
- Unfold it in a single layer. Roasted eggplant is finest when it’s evenly crisp and caramelized across the edges. To ensure that the items to brown within the oven, it’s essential to go away just a little area round each. In the event that they’re clumped collectively or heaped on high of each other, they’ll steam and soften with out browning.
- Don’t skimp on the oil. Uncooked eggplant is sort of a sponge: it will probably guzzle up oil like no different veggie can. In an effort to coat all of the items in oil earlier than roasting, you’ll want a good quantity, no less than 2 tablespoons for 1 1/2 kilos of eggplant. Don’t skimp on it! The oil helps the eggplant brown and soften within the oven, and it enhances the eggplant’s wealthy taste.
Methods to Serve Roasted Eggplant
This oven roasted eggplant is a incredible veggie aspect dish. Serve it as it’s, merely seasoned with olive oil and salt, or gown it up extra with one among these ideas:
- Toss it with Italian dressing, shaved Parmesan cheese (or vegan Parmesan!), and recent basil.
- Squeeze it with lemon juice and garnish it with freshly cracked black pepper, crumbled feta, and recent mint leaves.
- Serve it over a mattress of homemade labneh and high it with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of za’atar.
However that’s not all you are able to do with roasted eggplant!
How do you prefer to serve roasted eggplant? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Favourite Eggplant Recipes
In the event you love this oven roasted eggplant recipe, strive one among these favourite eggplant recipes subsequent:
Oven Roasted Eggplant
Discover ways to roast eggplant completely each time! This simple recipe is a scrumptious aspect dish or addition to pastas, salads, and extra. Discover our favourite serving ideas within the submit above.
- 1½ kilos eggplant, about 1 giant globe eggplant or 2 medium eggplants, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the eggplant on the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Unfold evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or till tender and brown across the edges.