In case your family is something like mine, our Mexican food cravings don’t cease on Taco Tuesday. We may have Burrito Wednesday and Enchilada Thursday and nonetheless not be glad. Okay, so that does not truly occur, however my level is we will not get sufficient of our favourite Mexican dishes.
With the brand new school yr rapidly approaching, many people will as soon as once more be pulling our hair out when time for dinner comes. Between sports activities, after-school actions and people PTA conferences, there will likely be many nights everybody within the household is consuming at totally different occasions.
That is when your Crock Pot generally is a life saver. Having one thing heat on the counter that every individual may also help themselves to makes life a lot simpler. Crock Pot hen recipes are so standard, and this one solely has 5 components!
After you style Crock Pot Salsa Hen will probably be on repeat on your busy Taco Tuesday menus, week after week.
Associated: 40 Best Crock Pot Mexican Dishes
How To Make Salsa Hen In The Crock Pot
This recipe is among the best issues you’ll ever make. It is actually dump, cook dinner, eat. Technically there’s some shredding in there too, however you get the purpose. When you be taught this recipe you are able to do a lot with it!
Shredded hen is flavored with taco seasoning and salsa to develop into the right filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burrito bowls, or just served over some cooked rice. My husband even recommended it will make a tasty sandwich too!
Associated: 60 Best Black Black Bean Recipes
How Lengthy To Prepare dinner Salsa Hen In Crock Pot On Excessive
For this recipe, I cooked my salsa hen on low, however you could possibly definitely pace up the method by cooking it on excessive. On low, we’re taking a look at 6-8 hours, and mine was accomplished after about 6. If you wish to cook dinner it on excessive, goal for 3-4 hours, however begin checking after 3. My solely warning about cooking on excessive is the hen would possibly dry out somewhat. I are likely to all the time err on the facet of warning and cook dinner on low within the slow cooker each time potential.
What To Eat With Crock Pot Salsa Hen
For many Mexican dinners, my first two go-to facet dishes are rice or chips with salsa. An enormous pot of pinto or black beans could be delish too, as would some restaurant-style refried beans. If you’re serving salsa hen over cooked rice, a steamed veggie or tossed salad would style nice too.
- gradual cooker
- measuring cups/spoons
- picket spoon
How To Make Crock Pot Salsa Hen
1. Flippantly grease your Crock Pot and lay the hen within the backside. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and pour 1 cup of salsa on high. Prepare dinner on low 6-8 hours, however begin checking after 6.
2. When hen is cooked by means of, shred with two forks. Stir in remaining salsa and cook dinner about 10 minutes to heat by means of. Serve instantly or carry on heat setting till prepared. Garnish with contemporary parsley for a pop of colour.
I served this with road taco-sized tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese as toppings and lime wedges on the facet. The hen has a lot taste you do not want any further sauce, for my part.
Crock Pot Salsa Hen would possibly solely have a number of components, however it’s filled with taste. It is also a terrific recipe to throw collectively as you’re strolling out the door within the morning and have dinner ready on you once you get house. It might be a terrific dish to take to tailgating this fall and let everybody construct their very own tacos or burrito bowls. I do know after you strive it for the primary time, you may be completely hooked like we’re and your subsequent Taco Tuesday plans are made!
- Should you like spicy, use scorching salsa as an alternative of gentle.
- Boneless thighs would work too. I’d use about 8.
- When hen is cooked and shredded, you possibly can go away on the nice and cozy setting till able to serve.
- After hen is cooked, cool and freeze for future meals.
- This might be utilized in tacos, quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas, burrito bowls, chimichangas, and so on.
- Recommended toppings: sliced black olives, pickled jalapeños, diced avocado, queso fresco cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, Mexican blended cheese.