Years in the past, we held a Snackable Recipe Contest in honor of a free ebook that we launched in partnership with So Scrumptious. This blueberry cookie butter smoothie was a submission in that contest. It was created by Terri Gilson, and makes use of a artistic mix of components that pair the pure sweetness of blueberries and bananas with the wealthy depth of molasses cookies.
Blueberry Cookie Butter Smoothie made Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free
We’ve just lately up to date this put up, and have some extra ideas and notes or the recipe.
- Dairy-Free Butter Taste – Most imitation butter extracts or flavorings truly comprise no butter nor any dairy for that matter. Watkins even makes a butter vanilla flavor. How enjoyable is that? Simply make sure to keep away from the pure extracts made with actual butter. You may omit the butter taste in the event you can’t discover it, however it should change the vibe of this smoothie. (Although it should nonetheless be tasty!) You would possibly strive utilizing a tablespoon or two of dairy-free buttery unfold as a substitute, which may even add richness. We haven’t tried this, however simply an thought in the event you’re feeling adventurous!
- Molasses – We aren’t positive what sort of molasses Terri makes use of, however we like blackstrap molasses for the additional dose of calcium and different minerals. My favourite model is Plantation for each easy style, sweetness, and calcium.
- Protein – For extra physique and protein, use a pair tablespoons of your favourite dairy-free protein powder. For extra richness, add a pair tablespoons of nut butter. We like cashew, almond, or peanut butter on this mix, or sunflower seed butter for nut-free.
Particular Weight loss plan Notes: Blueberry Cookie Butter Smoothie
By components, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Simply make sure to select the dairy-free yogurt, milk beverage, and flavoring/extract that fit your dietary wants.
Blueberry Cookie Butter Smoothie
Creator: Terri Gilson
Recipe sort: Drinks
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla dairy-free yogurt various
- 1 cup vanilla oat milk or almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free butter flavoring (see put up above)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Put the blueberries, yogurt various, milk beverage, banana, molasses, butter taste, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon in your blender and puree till easy.
- Divide the smoothie between 4 glasses to serve.
Serving measurement: 1 smoothie Energy: 142 Fats: 2.8g Saturated fats: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 29.7g Sugar: 18.4g Sodium: 88mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 1.2g