Schezwan paneer recipe with step-by-step pictures. That is a straightforward and fast recipe of soppy paneer cubes in a spicy schezwan sauce or gravy. If you end up on the lookout for a Indo Chinese language dish that will get executed rapidly then this can be a good possibility you may have.
Sharing an Indo Chinese language recipe after a very long time. This schezwan paneer is easy, straightforward and fast to arrange you probably have paneer and Schezwan Sauce prepared. This can be a gravy model and goes very properly with veg fried rice or veg noodles. I had made Chinese language veg rice, so I made the schezwan paneer to go together with it.
This can be a spicy recipe as together with schezwan sauce, even inexperienced chillies are added. You possibly can management the quantity of schezwan sauce or inexperienced chilies you need to add and make a much less spicy model.
Do use a superb high quality schezwan sauce for the recipe. The ultimate style and taste of this recipe rely largely on the schezwan sauce added.
You possibly can serve schezwan paneer with burnt garlic fried rice or hakka noodles or 5 spice rice.
make Schezwan Paneer
1. Firstly combine 3 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch) in 3 teaspoons water completely. Additionally chop spring onions, garlic, ginger, inexperienced chilies and capsicum. Maintain apart.
2. Warmth 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a wok or a kadai. Add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic and ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger.
Stir fry on a medium warmth for just a few seconds. No have to brown ginger and garlic.
3. Then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
4. Stir fry on a medium warmth for a minute.
5. Then add ⅓ cup sliced capsicum.
6. Stir fry for a minute.
7. Then add 2 to three inexperienced chillies (sliced or slit) and stir fry for two minutes.
8. Subsequent add 2 tablespoons of schezwan sauce.
9. Then add ½ teaspoon soy sauce.
10. Stir and blend very properly.
11. Season with ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or add as per style. Combine once more.
Making Schezwan Paneer Gravy
12. Now add 1 cup of water. It’s also possible to add vegetable inventory, you probably have it. For a barely thicker gravy, you’ll be able to add much less water. Stir and blend very properly.
13. Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar. It’s also possible to add sugar as required.
14. Season with salt as per style and blend once more.
15. On a medium warmth convey the gravy or sauce to a boil.
16. Decrease the warmth after which add the ready cornflour (cornstarch) slurry. Combine the cornflour slurry very properly earlier than including because the cornstarch settles beneath.
17. Shortly stir the gravy or sauce, in order that no lumps are fashioned.
18. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium warmth till the gravy or sauce thickens. There must be no uncooked style of cornstarch felt within the sauce.
19. Then add paneer cubes. I like to recommend utilizing do-it-yourself mushy Paneer.
20. Combine properly after which change off the warmth. Keep away from overcooking paneer because it turns into dense and chewy.
21. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onion greens. It’s also possible to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves in case you desire.
22. Lastly add ½ to 1 teaspoon candy rice wine. In the event you would not have it, then skip including it. It’s also possible to add rice vinegar.
23. Serve schezwan paneer scorching or heat with veg fried rice or veg noodles or burnt garlic fried rice.
For a singular meal you may also select to pair it with phulka or plain paratha or dinner rolls or bread.
If you’re on the lookout for extra Indo Chinese recipes then do examine:
Please remember to price this recipe within the recipe card beneath you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Schezwan Paneer is a tasty and spicy indo Chinese language paneer gravy dish. It’s straightforward and fast to make.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 20 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
preparation for schezwan paneer
Firstly combine 3 teaspoons corn flour in 3 teaspoons water.
Additionally chop spring onions, garlic, ginger, inexperienced chilies and capsicum. Maintain apart.
making schezwan paneer
Warmth 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a wok or a kadai. Add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic and ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger.
Stir fry on a medium flame for just a few seconds. No have to brown ginger and garlic.
Then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions and stir fry on a medium flame for a minute.
Then add ⅓ cup sliced capsicum and stir fry for a minute.
Then add 2 to three inexperienced chillies (sliced or slit) and stir fry for two minutes.
Subsequent add 2 tablespoons schezwan sauce. then add ½ teaspoon soy sauce and blend very properly.
Season with ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or add as per style. Combine once more.
making paneer schezwan gravy
Now add 1 cup water. It’s also possible to add veg inventory, you probably have it. For a barely thicker gravy, you’ll be able to add much less water. combine very properly.
Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar. It’s also possible to add sugar as required.
Season with salt as per style and blend once more.
On a medium flame convey the gravy or sauce to a boil.
Decrease the flame after which add the corn flour resolution. Combine the corn flour resolution very properly earlier than including.
Shortly stir the gravy or sauce, in order that no lumps are fashioned.
Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
Then add paneer cubes. combine properly after which change off the flame.
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onion greens.
Lastly add ½ to 1 teaspoon candy rice wine. In the event you would not have, then skip it. It’s also possible to add rice vinegar.
Serve schezwan paneer with veg fried rice or veg noodles. You possibly can garnish with some spring onion greens whereas serving.
- This dish is spicy and the style plus taste largely depends upon the schezwan sauce. I counsel to make use of do-it-yourself schezwan sauce or a superb model of the sauce.
- You possibly can cut back the variety of inexperienced chillies for a much less spicy style.
- It’s best to make use of mushy do-it-yourself paneer cubes. Additionally don’t overcook the paneer cubes as they turn into dense and chewy.
- You possibly can skip soy sauce in case you would not have it.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 324 Energy from Fats 234
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 13g81%
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 2g
Ldl cholesterol 55mg18%
Vitamin A 637IU13%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 27mg33%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 26µg25%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 15µg4%
* P.c Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This recipe publish from the archives first printed in December 2016 has been republished and up to date on 22 June 2022.