Beetroot Halwa is a delish Indian candy made by slow-cooking grated beetroots with milk, sugar, cardamom, ghee and dry fruits. This Beetroot Halwa recipe is the one which I’ve grown up consuming. At house, we used to make this along with Carrot Halwa on most festive events. This custom continues until at the moment. Do that distinctive recipe which can make you fall in love with beetroots all of the extra.
Extra on Beetroot Halwa
Beetroot Halwa might not be as common and favored as its siblings Carrot Halwa or Sooji Halwa, however many individuals do prefer it. The distinctive pure shade and texture that the beetroots convey on this recipe is unmatched. So, the tip result’s lovely too.
Along with this, the Beetroot Halwa recipe is definitely very nutritious and good for well being too. Additionally it is wonderful for teenagers who’re often not keen on this root vegetable. Different methods to feed beetroot to your youngsters are by together with it in chaat and salad recipes.
Beetroot Halwa is made in an analogous manner as that of carrot halwa. One main distinction is that the feel of Beetroot Halwa is moist as in comparison with gajar halwa. You possibly can improve the well being quotient by including dry fruits and nuts within the halwa. I’ve added cashews and flavored it with crushed cardamom powder. You may as well add raisins, pistachios and almonds.
The perfect factor concerning the Beetroot Halwa recipe is that even after including different substances, the style of beetroot is sort of distinguished within the dessert. This Beetroot Halwa could be relished sizzling, heat or chilled as properly.
The best way to make Beetroot Halwa
1. Rinse, peel and grate 500 grams beetroots. You possibly can both use a hand-held grater or a meals processor to grate the beetroots.
2. Take the grated beetroots in a thick bottomed kadai or pan. Add 3 cups full fats entire milk.
3. Combine and cook dinner the grated beetroot and milk combination on a low to medium warmth.
4. The milk will boil and froth whereas cooking. Proceed to cook dinner and hold stirring typically.
5. When the milk has diminished to virtually 75% to 80%, add 3 tablespoons ghee and 6 tablespoons sugar. Stir and proceed to simmer the halwa until its virtually completed.
6. In the direction of the tip, add ⅓ teaspoon cardamom powder.
7. Add 15 to twenty cashews.
8. Stir and proceed to cook dinner until the milk has evaporated.
9. Serve Beetroot Halwa sizzling or heat. You may as well refrigerate the halwa for 3 to 4 days and whereas serving, simply heat the halwa.
For extra scrumptious beetroot recipes, you possibly can examine this hyperlink – Beetroot Recipes.
- Purchase the most effective beetroots: It is very important purchase tender beetroots in order that they’re simple to grate. Put together your self for an arm exercise, until you’ve gotten a meals processor.
- Grating vs. shredding: I like to recommend grating the beets versus shredding. Grating could be completed through the use of a hand-held grater or a meals processor. Clearly, a meals processor makes grating of the beetroots simpler.
- Greatest pan to make halwa: I recommend utilizing a heavy iron skillet or kadai (wok) to make the halwa. You may as well use any thick-bottomed pan or skillet.
- Storing: You possibly can retailer the halwa within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Whereas serving, simply heat the halwa after which serve.
- Scaling: You possibly can simply halve, double or triple this Beetroot Halwa recipe relying on what number of servings you’d prefer to make.
- You possibly can add nuts and dry fruits like cashews, almonds, pistachios and raisins within the halwa. Should you don’t have these, you possibly can skip including these too.
The Beetroot Halwa stays good for 3 to 4 days if saved within the fridge. Don’t hold it at room temperature because it will get spoilt.
Completely! Be at liberty to make use of any toasted seeds of your selection as a substitute or omit them altogether.
Sure, you positively can. Merely swap the dairy milk along with your favourite non-dairy milk and use coconut oil or any impartial flavored oil instead of ghee. However keep in mind, coconut oil will impart its personal taste and aroma to the halwa.
Please be sure you price this recipe within the recipe card beneath you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Beetroot Halwa is a tasty Indian candy made by slow-cooking grated beetroots with milk, sugar, cardamom, dry fruits and nuts.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 1 hr
Complete Time 1 hr 15 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots utilizing a hand-held grater or meals processor.
In a kadai or deep thick bottomed pan, mix milk and grated beetroot.
On a low to medium warmth, convey the entire combination to a boil after which simmer.
Carry on stirring at intervals whereas the combination involves a boil and later simmers.
The grated beetroot will cook dinner within the milk and the milk will begin to scale back and evaporate.
When the milk has virtually diminished to 75% to 80%, add the ghee and sugar to the halwa combination.
Stir properly, proceed to simmer and cook dinner on a low warmth.
Hold stirring the Beetroot Halwa at intervals.
In the direction of the tip, add the cashews, cardamom powder and raisins (if utilizing) and simmer until all of the milk is evaporated. Stir typically. Change off the warmth.
Serve Beetroot Halwa sizzling, heat or chilly.
- Attempt to use beets that are contemporary and tender.
- Do use entire milk and never toned or low-fat milk as it could cut up or curdle.
- Select so as to add your selection of nuts and dry fruits relying on what is obtainable to you.
- Sluggish cooking is the important thing to the recipe. Strive to not velocity up the method as it could outcome within the halwa getting browned or burnt.
- You possibly can simply halve or double this beetroot halwa recipe.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 302 Energy from Fats 144
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 41mg14%
Vitamin A 270IU5%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
Vitamin D 2µg13%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Okay 2µg2%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 110µg28%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Beetroot Halwa publish from the archives first revealed on Feb 2014 has been republished and up to date on 10 Could 2022.