As straightforward as its identify, Mint Tea is solely a lightweight, refreshing and aromatic tea made by brewing tea leaves with contemporary mint leaves. With or with out milk, this beverage works marvel in calming the sensory organs and has many different well being advantages too. Pudina Chai can also be what it’s referred to as in India. In case you haven’t tried it but, I counsel you do (observe the simplest recipe on this submit). I’m certain it’s going to be very troublesome for you too, to steer clear of this wonderful tea when you’ve sipped on it.
Extra on this Mint Tea
Probably the most wanted and refreshing natural teas not simply in India, however the world – Mint Tea has been part of our lives since an extended, very long time. Only a few of these drinks that will get carried out tremendous rapidly and with none problem ever. Sufficient causes for it to be preferred by plenty throughout the globe.
Start your day with it, sip on it whereas working, have it as part of your night tea ritual or finish the day with this heat cuppa Pudina Tea – there’s nothing extra soothing to the soul than what can also be fondly generally known as Pudina Chai.
My first expertise of getting this tea was at a buddy’s dwelling. The Pudina Chai was made by her mom and it was too good. I nonetheless keep in mind having fun with it totally. This was the primary time I had this tea and it was so good, I needed extra. However I used to be too shy to ask for a refill. So, I discovered a recipe for myself and now, I can brew a cup of Pudina Tea at my dwelling every time I need. Additionally, have as many cups as I want to, unabashedly!
In India, many individuals use contemporary mint leaves along with elements like cardamom, cinnamon or ginger. Apart from this, addition of lemongrass, crushed cloves and fennel seeds makes it a extra flavorful tea mix. This tea is greatest loved when served scorching and with biscuits/cookies or some snacks like pakora, samosa, sandwich or cutlet by the aspect.
Well being Advantages of Mint Tea
Pudina Chai is brimming with well being advantages as each mint leaves and the mixture of mint with tea is individually recognized for his or her vitamin ranges. A number of the recognized advantages are:
- Eases bloating, indigestion and different digestive points
- Good for reduction from migraines and complications
- Helps in freshening breath
- Boosts power ranges
- Brings reduction throughout colds, coughs and menstrual cramps
- Helps enhance sleep
Along with these, natural herbs like mint, tulsi, lemongrass, and many others. are nice and have again and again been chosen elements for weight administration and cleansing functions as nicely. These will be simply utilized in getting ready quite a lot of teas or tisanes each day.
Mint Tea Variations
Mint Tea will be thought-about nearly as a DIY recipe as one can add and subtract flavorings, spices and herbs within the recipe as per their preferences. The underlining precept of this beverage is that it’s supposed to chill, refreshen and rejuvenate your system and calm your senses. Additionally, will get made inside minutes. Individuals do attempt a variety of mixtures the place Mint Tea or Pudina Tea is anxious.
Listed below are a few of the Mint Tea varieties or variations which are in style and well-accepted by individuals world wide.
- Moroccan Mint Tea
- Apple Mint Tea
- Lemon Mint Tea
- Ginger Mint Tea
- Lemongrass Mint Tea
- Chocolate Mint Tea
- You’ll be able to put together this tea with tea luggage or tea leaves too. When utilizing both tea leaves or tea luggage, first boil water with the mint leaves for 3 to 4 minutes or extra. Flip off the burner. Add the tea leaves or dip the tea luggage within the scorching water. Steep for two to three minutes. Optionally add sugar and scorching milk. Stir and serve.
- Addition of milk is a private selection. The amount can fluctuate as some individuals desire extra milk and a few desire much less. Similar goes for the sugar too.
- As a substitute of sugar, different sweeteners like palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and jaggery can be used. I’ve made tea and added jaggery. I have to say, I preferred the jaggery sweetened tea with out milk.
No, it isn’t crucial so as to add milk on this tea. You’ll be able to add or skip including milk based on your private selection.
Sure, it’s a nice beverage for well being because it has a variety of advantages. A number of the advantages are listed above within the submit.
The important thing to make a great Mint Tea is that it is best to let the mint leaves boil within the water until taste and aroma infuses nicely within the water. The colour of the water ought to begin turning inexperienced.
Sure, you’ll be able to add spices too. Nonetheless, the extra you retain it easy, the extra it is possible for you to to benefit from the taste of mint itself.
You’ll be able to add lemongrass, crushed ginger, cardamom powder, and many others. on this tea.
Please be sure you fee this recipe within the recipe card beneath if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Mint Tea (Pudina Tea)
Mint Tea or Pudina Chai as it’s referred to as in India is solely a lightweight, refreshing and aromatic tea made by brewing tea leaves with contemporary mint leaves. It may be made with or with out milk.
Prep Time 1 min
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 11 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse the mint leaves in water. In a saucepan or tea pot, add water. Add the mint leaves.
On the stovetop, boil the water for 3 to 4 minutes or extra till the flavors and aroma of the mint begins infusing within the water. The water will begin changing into inexperienced. Let the amount of inexperienced shade within the water improve.
Add the tea powder and sugar. Now add milk as wanted and let the tea come to a boil. Your Pudina Chai is prepared and you may serve it.
Serve the Mint Tea with gentle tea-time biscuits.
You may as well have this Mint Tea made with out tea powder and milk, after lunch or dinner because it aids in digestion.
- If utilizing tea luggage, then swap off the range burner. Within the mint infused scorching water, dip the tea luggage for two to three minutes. Add sugar and scorching milk. Stir and serve. Similar goes for tea leaves. Flip off the warmth and add 1 to 2 teaspoons tea leaves. Steep for two to three minutes. Pressure, and add optionally sugar and scorching milk. Stir and serve.
- Including milk or not is fully your possibility. In case you add milk, it turns into an Indian chai. I’ve not talked about the amount of milk as some individuals desire much less milk and a few desire extra milk of their tea. Each methods the Mint Tea tastes good.Ditto with sugar because the desire for kind of sugar varies with particular person decisions.
Use of jaggery or some other sweetener can also be doable. Although for the Indian Pudina Chai, usually sugar is used.
In case you don’t add milk, then add jaggery or honey or any most popular sweetener. If utilizing honey add when the tea is heat as honey will get poisonous when heated.
- It’s higher to make use of contemporary mint reasonably than dried for optimum minty taste in your Mint Tea. Although in a pinch you should use dried mint leaves. Add accordingly contemplating your style preferences.
- You’ll be able to select to omit the sweetener or add your selection of sweetener.
- Mint Tea can be made with out tea powder and milk. Merely make a mint tisane by simmering the mint leaves with water. Pressure and have as is or sweeten it together with your most popular sweetener.
Mint Tea (Pudina Tea)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 70 Energy from Fats 9
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 4mg1%
Vitamin A 262IU5%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Okay 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 6µg2%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Mint Tea submit from the archives first printed on April 2010 has been republished and up to date on 9 Might 2022.