What’s the distinction between prebiotics and probiotics? Probiotics are useful microbes (reminiscent of micro organism and yeasts) that may assist enhance your intestine well being by including new strains. In distinction, prebiotics are several types of fiber in meals that probiotics eat and thrive on. In different phrases, consuming extra meals that include prebiotic fiber will assist to additional enhance the well being of your microbiome. This salad incorporates a number of prebiotic meals which are particularly wealthy in these kind of fiber. Examples embody uncooked onion and garlic, dandelion greens, and sunchokes. Understand that should you’re simply beginning to improve the quantity of fiber in your weight loss program, achieve this slowly and drink a lot of water to assist your physique alter to the wholesome modifications you’re making.
- 4 cups blended greens of your selection (ideally dandelion greens)
- 1 cup uncooked broccoli, reduce into florets
- 1 cup no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked farro, quinoa, or brown rice
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash (or any leftover roasted greens)
- ¼ cup crimson onion, thinly sliced (optionally available)
- 1 sunchoke (Jerusalem artichoke), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pepitas
Garlic-Lemon French dressing:
- 3 tbsp recent lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Evenly divide the salad substances between two serving bowls.
- In a small coated jar, place the entire French dressing substances. Cowl tightly and shake the dressing, then drizzle it over every salad. Serve instantly.
Vitamin per serving: 452 energy, 19g complete fats (2.8g saturated fats), 16g protein, 59g carbohydrates, 15g fiber, 8.9g sugar (0g added sugar), 246mg sodium