For those who’re in search of a deal with that’s chilly, creamy, and caffeinated, look no additional! My simple recipe for a Espresso Milkshake is the right summer time beverage, made by mixing chilly espresso with ice cream. This deliciously slurp-able drink takes simply 5 components and 5 minutes to make, and it simply rivals something you’d discover at Starbucks — for a fraction of the value!
About Espresso Milkshake
In terms of the new and sticky Indian summers, there are many chilly treats that we flip to to be able to cool off: Falooda, Watermelon Juice, Mango Shake, Lassi, and Banana Shakes are amongst my favorites. However what all these tasty treats are lacking is the candy, candy buzz of eye-opening caffeine.
Whereas I’m usually extra of a Tea drinker, there are occasions when solely espresso will do the trick. Between my latest journey to Dubai and transferring to a brand new home, that is a type of instances!
Fortunately, this easy espresso milkshake recipe is simple to make and combines each caffeine and dessert into one moveable cup. I begin with my Cold Coffee recipe made with on the spot espresso, then add each ice and ice cream to amp up the frosty café-style frappé vibes.
This espresso shake recipe doesn’t require a espresso maker however does require a blender to get the creamy, thick consistency you’d count on from a Frappuccino. I additionally make it further dessert-y by including an additional scoop of ice cream on prime, like a espresso float.
Elements & Substitutions
- Instantaneous Espresso – Instantaneous espresso is a staple in our family. Not solely is it nice for including to chocolate desserts as a taste enhancer, it’s additionally extra shelf-stable and handy for us since we don’t drink a number of espresso. For those who want, you should utilize a decoction of Filter Coffee as a substitute.
- Water – Make sure you use filtered water for the perfect taste attainable.
- Sugar – You’ll be able to add sweetener to your liking. I used plain granulated sugar, however brown sugar, powdered jaggery, cane sugar, or coconut sugar can all be used as a substitute.
- Milk – I counsel utilizing complete or full-fat milk for the perfect, creamiest taste. For those who want to make this a dairy-free milkshake, substitute your favourite plant-based different.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Vanilla is a straightforward, crowd-pleasing taste, however don’t really feel restricted. You should use chocolate ice cream for extra of a mocha vibe, or use espresso ice cream for an added punch of taste.
- Ice – Use ice made with filtered water for the perfect outcomes. Select to skip ice cubes in case you want.
How To Make Espresso Milkshake
1. In a small bowl, add 1.5 tablespoons of on the spot espresso.
2. Add ¼ cup heat or barely scorching water. Combine very effectively with a spoon.
3. Now pour this combination in a blender jar.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar, or per your style. For those who want to chop again on dishes, add the espresso, heat water and sugar on to the blender jar.
5. Mix for a minute or until the espresso resolution turns into frothy and the colour lightens a bit.
6. Now add 4 to five small ice cubes.
7. Add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
8. Pour in 2.5 cups chilled milk.
9. Mix as soon as extra until all the pieces is blended effectively and also you get a pleasant froth on prime.
10. Pour in glasses.
11. Hold some house on prime for the ice cream scoops.
12. Now prime every glass with 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
13. Your espresso shake with ice cream is able to be served!
14. Serve instantly and revel in.
- Make it dairy-free. Go for a plant-based milk and ice cream substitute.
- Make it decaf. Use decaffeinated on the spot espresso, brew espresso, or espresso.
- Add extra taste. Use any flavored syrups (e.g. chocolate, caramel, almond, or hazelnut) to taste your frozen espresso shake.
- Add protein. Add a little bit of heft to your Frappuccino by including a scoop of your most well-liked protein powder or a piece of silken tofu.
Completely! Merely go for a decaf model of on the spot espresso or filter espresso, or use a roasted chicory beverage as a substitute.
Sure! Simply swap in your favourite vegan ice cream and milk substitutes.
Whereas I’m not one to demonize treats, because of the comparatively excessive sugar content material on this espresso milkshake, I counsel consuming them sparsely. Please you should definitely seek the advice of with an expert vitamin skilled earlier than making any selections about your eating regimen.
Please you should definitely price this recipe within the recipe card beneath if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Espresso Milkshake (With Ice Cream)
Chilly, creamy, and delish, my simple Espresso Milkshake is the right summer time beverage, made by mixing chilly espresso with ice cream.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making espresso resolution
In a small bowl, take the moment espresso.
Add heat or barely scorching water.
Combine very effectively with a spoon.
Making espresso milkshake
Now pour this combination in a blender jar.
Add sugar. You’ll be able to add sugar as per your style.
Mix for a minute or until the espresso resolution turns into frothy and the colour lightens a bit.
Now add 4 to five small ice cubes. Including ice cubes are optionally available and you’ll select to skip them.
Add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
Pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
Mix as soon as extra until all the pieces is blended effectively and also you get a pleasant froth on prime.
Pour espresso milkshake in glasses.
Hold some house on prime for the ice cream scoops.
Now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops in every glass.
Serve espresso milkshake with ice cream instantly.
- The recipe will also be halved or scaled as much as improve the servings.
- You’ll be able to substitute espresso with consuming chocolate or cocoa powder and make a mocha milkshake with ice cream.
- Almond milk or soy milk can be utilized as a substitute of dairy milk.
- As an alternative of vanilla ice cream, you possibly can even add chocolate ice cream or espresso ice cream.
- Regulate the sugar as wanted by including much less or extra relying in your style preferences.
Espresso Milkshake (With Ice Cream)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 297 Energy from Fats 90
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g38%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 2g
Ldl cholesterol 38mg13%
Vitamin A 505IU10%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 2µg33%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin D 3µg20%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 1µg0%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Espresso Milkshake publish from the archives first revealed in April 2016 has been republished and up to date on 1 Could 2022.