Whats up, Seafoodies!
Don’t assume we’ve gone over-gourd, however it’s essential to strive our recipe for acorn squash filled with crab, cheese and panko breadcrumbs. It’s a gluten-free meal-in-one (or hearty aspect dish) that’s certainly one of our favourite autumn dishes!
We loooove acorn squash with seafood! Its pure sweetness pairs easily with delicately-flavored crab, and its hole form makes it the right edible bowl to carry a flavorful stuffing. On this recipe, our dynamic crab-squash duo will get a fancy flavor-texture increase from Outdated Bay, aromatics, two cheeses and a satisfying panko crunch.
Oh, and did we point out it’s good for you, too? Along with being a healthful alternative for anybody following a gluten-free weight-reduction plan, this dish gives loads of lean protein, vitamin B-12 and different vital vitamins courtesy of the crab. Mixed with the dietary fiber, potassium and beta carotene from the squash, you get a boatload of vitamin in a holiday-ready bundle!
Plus, this dish is a double myth-buster, debunking the falsehoods that: (1) Cravable dishes can’t be good for you and (2) you’ll be able to’t serve seafood with cheese. Mistaken, and flawed! (These are two “guidelines” that any self-respecting Seafoodie ought to abolish from the kitchen, in case you haven’t already!) And because it’s really easy to organize, you can be having fun with this festive fall meal tonight! After some minimal prep, all that’s left to do is savor the aroma whereas it roasts within the oven and also you sip a glass of wine. What a scrumptious approach to get extra seafood into your week!
Gluten-Free Crab-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 60 minutes
Complete time: 70 minutes
- 2 acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scooped out (leaving a “bowl” in acorn squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Outdated Bay seasoning
- 1 pound lump crab meat, drained
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko crumbs or crushed gluten-free rice cereal (corresponding to Rice Chex)
- Salt and pepper, to style
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place acorn squash halves reduce aspect in a glass baking dish; put aside.
- Warmth olive oil over medium warmth; sauté garlic and celery till tender, about 2 to three minutes. Add parsley and Outdated Bay seasoning. Take away from warmth.
- In a medium bowl, mix crab, cream cheese and cooked greens. Combine to mix all substances; add salt and pepper to style.
- Utilizing a spoon, scoop combination into squash halves. (It’s okay to overstuff them.) Prime with Parmesan cheese and panko or cereal. Cowl with foil; cook dinner for 45 minutes.
- Take away foil and cook dinner for a further quarter-hour, or till stuffing is browned and squash is tender.
Glass baking dish, sauté pan.