This pumpkin spice banana bread merges two basic fast bread flavors into one. However in contrast to most different recipes, this model is dairy-free, frivolously sweetened, and downright nutritious. Maybe as a result of it was created by a dietitian! It’s low in added sugar (and may even be made added sugar free), excessive in complete grains, and comparatively lean. However it’s nonetheless filled with scrumptious seasonal flavors.
Wholesome Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread Baked Up by a Dietitian
This Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread recipe was created by dietitian Shanna Stewart of Wellness For The Win. It was shared with us by Culinary.net. a number of years in the past. Her recipe is nice as is, however right this moment we’re giving this put up an enormous replace, and have some concepts and ideas do you have to need to make it your individual.
- Non-compulsory Add-Ins: In the event you like textural curiosity in fast bread, you’ll be able to fold in about 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts after you’ve gotten blended within the flour mix.
- Fluffier Loaf: Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl, and beat with a hand mixer till stiff peaks kind. Gently fold into the batter after the flour.
- Entire Eggs Solely: In the event you don’t need to find yourself with further yolks, you should use 2 giant or further giant eggs instead of the egg and egg whites.
- Sweeter Loaf: You possibly can enhance the sweetener to 1/2 cup and even 3/4 cup in the event you’re craving a sweeter complete grain fast bread. It’ll nonetheless be decrease in sugar than most recipes. Every tablespoon of sugar added provides about 1 gram of sugar per slice.
Particular Food regimen Notes: Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
By substances, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For egg-free and vegan pumpkin spice banana bread, see our Egg Substitute Guide. I like to recommend choices with extra elevate, like aquafaba (about 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons) or powdered egg substitute, since this bread is already fairly moist with banana and pumpkin.
Wholesome Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
Writer: Shanna Stewart
Recipe kind: Breakfast
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the banana, pumpkin puree, oil, egg, and egg whites to a mixing bowl. Beat with electrical mixer on low velocity.
- In medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour combination to the pumpkin combination and beat till simply moist. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the loaf comes out clear.
- Let cool within the pan for 10 minutes, then take away to a wire rack to chill fully earlier than slicing. Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 to 7 days. Leftover slices will also be frozen.
Sugar Notice: Shanna makes use of “sugar substitute” in her unique recipe. Some different sweeteners do comprise milk, and others may cause digestive irritation. However your granulated sweetener of alternative (white sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, sugar-free stevia baking mix, and many others) ought to work nicely on this recipe.
Serving dimension: 1 slice (1/12 loaf) Energy: 121 Fats: 5g Saturated fats: .8g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 8.9g Sodium: 161mg Fiber: 2.1g Protein: 2.6g