Grilled Hen Zoodle Marinara
Should you “prepare dinner” the zucchini on this recipe, it begins to style like, effectively, zucchini. Should you simply heat it and toss it within the sizzling marinara, it makes an awesome, nutritious dish for non-veggie lovers. I really like Pecorino Romano cheese, however it’s usually excessive in sodium. So you probably have hypertension or want to significantly watch your sodium consumption, go for Parmesan on this recipe.
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces), ends trimmed, or 6 1/2 ounces store-bought zucchini spirals
- 2 (4 ounces every) trimmed, boneless, skinless hen breasts (ideally free vary), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon further virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb bread seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, or to style
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- Olive oil spray (propellant-free)
- 1 1/2 cups all-natural marinara sauce (ideally low-fat, low-salt, no sugar added), heated
- 2 tablespoons (about 1/2 ounce) grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (ideally pure)
Preheat a grill to medium.
Lower the zucchini into items in response to the instructions on your spiralizer (should you bought zucchini spirals then skip this step). Create “spaghetti” noodles from the items with the spiralizer. Let the spiralized zucchini relaxation on a lint-free towel or paper towels.
Rub the hen breasts evenly throughout with the olive oil, then with the seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the hen on the grill and switch the warmth to low (if there is no such thing as a temperature management, place the breasts away from direct flame). Grill the hen till it’s not pink inside, 3 to five minutes per facet.
Take away the hen from the grill and tent it, letting it relaxation for 3 minutes. Switch it to a slicing board and reduce the breasts diagonally to create half-inch strips.
In the meantime, place a small nonstick frying pan over medium warmth. When it is sizzling, take away it from the burner simply lengthy sufficient to evenly mist it with the olive oil spray. Toss the zucchini within the pan simply lengthy sufficient to heat it; don’t prepare dinner it or it should get mushy.
Switch the warmed zucchini to a strainer for a minute to launch any extra moisture. Divide it evenly between two serving plates. High every with half of the marinara sauce, then place a hen breast on high of that. Season with the cheese and extra pepper, if desired, and revel in instantly.
Makes 2 servings. Every serving (half of the “noodles” plus 1 hen breast) has 300 energy, 10g fats, 2g saturated fats, 0g trans fats, 70mg ldl cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 1,250mg potassium, 20g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 11g sugars, 30g protein, 335mg phosphorus.