On this simple peach crisp recipe, an oat and nut topping covers a juicy layer of recent peaches. Serve it with vanilla ice cream for an ideal summer season dessert.
You’d be exhausting pressed to seek out a better summer season dessert than this peach crisp recipe. Toss the filling collectively in a single bowl, combine up the topping in one other, layer them each right into a skillet, and bake. Whenever you take your first chew, you’ll be surprised that one thing so scrumptious could possibly be so easy to make. There’s simply nothing higher than peak-season summer season fruit.
Peach Crisp Recipe Substances
As a result of this recipe is really easy to make, it’s an amazing selection for summer season entertaining. It’s additionally splendid for serving company with quite a lot of dietary wants, as a result of it’s each vegan and gluten-free! Right here’s what’s in it:
- Recent peaches – The higher your fruit is, the higher this crisp shall be. Make it in the summertime, or at any time when you’ll find actually candy, juicy native peaches.
- Cornstarch – It helps the peach juices thicken as they bake, making a jammy sauce beneath the nutty topping.
- Brown sugar and cane sugar – For sweetness. I add the brown sugar to the topping and the cane sugar to the filling.
- Lemon juice – It balances the sweetness of the peaches.
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract – For heat depth of taste. I toss the vanilla with the peach filling and blend the cinnamon into the crumble topping.
- Complete rolled oats and almond flour – They make a healthful, gluten-free base for the crumble topping.
- Crushed walnuts – For crunch!
- Agency coconut oil – It provides richness to the topping and helps it kind candy, nutty clumps. Yum!
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Layer the peaches into the baking dish…
…add the topping, and bake!
Your peach crisp shall be prepared in underneath half-hour.
Peach Crisp Recipe Suggestions
- Purchase the peaches prematurely. Most frequently, the peaches offered at a grocery retailer or farmers market aren’t fairly ripe but, so if you happen to can, plan a procuring journey a day or two earlier than you need to make this recipe. Enable the peaches to ripen in your counter till they’re aromatic and tender to the contact. Then, switch them to the fridge till you’re able to bake.
- Pop your coconut oil within the fridge if it’s essential to. The consistency of my coconut oil varies with the seasons: within the winter, it’s exhausting as a rock, and in the summertime, it’s completely liquid. If yours is similar method (and also you’re making this recipe in the summertime), measure out the coconut oil and pop it within the fridge to harden earlier than you get to work. The oil must be agency to ensure that the crisp topping to come back collectively.
- Don’t dig in straight away. Whenever you take the peach crisp out of the oven, it’ll be effervescent and piping sizzling. In case you’re something like me, you’ll need to seize a spoon and dive in instantly, however attempt to maintain off for five minutes as an alternative. It’ll give the crisp an opportunity to chill barely, so that you’ll be much less more likely to burn your mouth on the recent fruit, and it’ll enable the juicy filling to arrange earlier than you eat.
- Get forward. If I’m planning to make this peach crisp recipe for company, I love to do a number of the work prematurely. I usually combine up the topping just a few hours or perhaps a day forward of time. That method, when it comes time to serve it, all I’ve to do is toss collectively the filling and bake.
Extra Favourite Summer season Desserts
In case you love this peach crisp recipe, strive certainly one of these summer season desserts subsequent:
This simple peach crisp recipe is such a scrumptious summer season dessert! Serve it heat with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Gluten-free.
- 5 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon recent lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- ½ cup entire rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup agency coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
In a big bowl, mix the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla and toss to coat.
Make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix the oats, almond flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt. Utilizing your arms, work within the agency coconut oil till the combination is crumbly.
Scoop the peach filling into the ready skillet. Sprinkle with the topping and bake for 20 25 minutes, or till the fruit is tender and the topping is golden brown.
Take away from the oven and let cool for five minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.