This chilly cucumber soup recipe is ideal for warm summer time days. Creamy, cool, shiny, and refreshing, it is a scrumptious, nourishing starter or aspect dish.
This chilly cucumber soup is every thing I need on a sizzling summer time day. To make it, you don’t must activate the oven, the range, and even the grill. Simply toss the substances right into a blender, puree, and chill! After a number of hours within the fridge, this cucumber soup can be so creamy, cool, shiny, and refreshing that you simply gained’t find a way to withstand going again for seconds.
Cucumber Soup Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this cucumber soup:
- Cucumbers, in fact! I really like to make use of delicate, thin-skinned Persian cucumbers on this recipe. Don’t overlook to avoid wasting a number of slices for garnish! They add a pleasant crunch to this cool, creamy soup.
- Greek yogurt – It offers the soup its scrumptious creamy texture and tangy taste.
- Further-virgin olive oil – For richness.
- Contemporary herbs – I mix basil and dill into the soup and scatter extra dill, recent mint, or chives on prime.
- Lemon juice – It makes the soup good and shiny.
- Garlic – It provides sharp depth of taste.
- Honey – Don’t fear – the honey doesn’t make this recipe candy. As a substitute, it offsets the tang from the lemon and the chew from the uncooked garlic, making a flavorful, well-balanced soup.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Easy methods to Make Chilled Cucumber Soup
This cucumber soup recipe couldn’t be simpler to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, mix! Add the cucumbers, herbs, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper to a big blender, and mix till easy.
Subsequent, chill. When the soup is easy, switch it to the fridge to sit back for at the very least 4 hours, or in a single day.
Lastly, get pleasure from! Serve the chilled soup in bowls with a garnish of recent herbs, thinly sliced cucumbers, and a beneficiant drizzle of olive oil.
Chilly Cucumber Soup Serving Options
This chilly cucumber soup is a superb starter or aspect dish. On summer time nights, I usually serve it as a part of a light-weight dinner with a considerable salad like my Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, Panzanella Salad, or Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad. For a heartier meal, serve it as an appetizer with these Stuffed Zucchini Boats, Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Tzatziki, or my Roasted Vegetable Pasta.
This cucumber soup can also be a beautiful starter for a spring or summer time brunch. I really like pairing it with a number of salads, like my Carrot Salad or Simple Green Salad, and a savory fundamental course like a Frittata or Breakfast Casserole.
Lastly, this chilly cucumber soup is an ideal lunch on a sizzling summer time day. Take pleasure in it with a hunk of excellent crusty bread or focaccia, a slice of avocado toast, or a easy sandwich. A Caprese Sandwich, a Chickpea Salad Sandwich, or an Egg Salad Sandwich could be an important alternative.
Extra Favourite Cucumber Recipes
If you happen to beloved this recipe, attempt one among these subsequent:
Chilly Cucumber Soup
This chilled cucumber soup recipe is a scrumptious summer time starter or aspect dish! Contemporary herbs, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice make it shiny, creamy, and refreshing. Gluten-free.
- 6 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced, reserve a number of slices for garnish
- 1½ cups plain entire milk Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup recent basil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons recent dill
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Contemporary mint, dill, or chives, for garnish
In a blender, mix the cucumbers, yogurt, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt, honey, and several other grinds of pepper and mix till easy. Chill for at the very least 4 hours.
Serve in bowls and garnish with the reserved cucumber slices, recent herbs, drizzles of olive oil, and freshly floor black pepper.